A Short Note Regarding Commenting

According to the engineering level, comment accounts on both Boing Boing and Boing Boing Gadgets should work in the unified manner which you may rightfully have expected in the first place: One account, one login, posting access on both sites.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Short Note Regarding Commenting

1. Joel Johnson says:

Pork, it didn’t happen to everyone. Apparently it was just the first few accounts that were like that before we caught the setting error, but now all the accounts are merged.

Umm, i have the problem, and I registered yesterday.

mdhatter (not anonymous, really)

3. Skwid says:

Like Pork Musket, I never had the problem, but I’m glad to know it’s fixed. I wonder if it’s because I first registered over here, and most people probably did it the other way around?

4. Rodney says:

This is good. I’m getting *really* tired of having to make new accounts. Come, OpenID, come.

I made my account today and it doesn’t work on both

(drtwist)

6. Joel Johnson says:

We do not have a 100% Non-Wonkiness SLA! (Thanks for coming back to report your findings.)

7. nex says:

So far I’d posted anonymously out of convenience, but the above post convinced me to finally sign up. Which obviously worked out fine here, but I just noticed that over on boingboing.net, I get “You do not have permission to comment on this blog. (sign out)” o_O

8. nex says:

P.S. I did sign out over there, log back in, and now it’s working on both sites. So I guess there’s a trace amount of wonkyness left somewhere, but nothing high priority.

9. Joel Johnson says:

And lo Ken, who had seen that which was fucked, set his rod upon it, and yea it was unfucked. – Larywal 13:36

10. Jimmy says:

It would appear so. :)

11. pork musket says:

Very strange – I never had to make two accounts, I created this one and have been posting comments on sites with it.