Sad Vader

sad vader.jpg

My friend Lele sent me this pic, but she didn’t have a source. I love it all the same. Any idea?

Update: The picture was taken by Alex Brown. Thanks, guys!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Sad Vader

Wow. That rough cut of THE PHANTOM MENACE really was worse than previously believed.

hey, i found him a friend on flickr!

3. Benny says:

The Saddest Vader has no friends, because the Saddest Vader cannot dance. :(

4. roy says:

This picture was published recently in Vice Magazine (Volume 14 Issue 8) by Alex Brown.
    He writes “I was in a McDonalds somewhere upstate on my way to go camping. This kid was sitting there on his own wearing a Vader helmet that did the breathing sounds. I always wanted a helmet like that when Star Wars first came out but my patents would never buy me one.”
    I am uncertain if such a thing existed when Alex was a kid, but I don’t know how old Alex is, but there you go.

5. strider_mt2k says:

Based on the pic, they are probably pissed off at still having a GBA-SP!

Poor kid.

Is that a Biafra t-shirt? That’s some hip parents.

7. alex brown photography says:

I shot this picture. By the way, I’m 32 and grew up in Hong Kong where they did sell those helmets when the first Star Wars movie came out. I also sell limited edition prints. You can more of my work at: http://www.alexbrownphotography.com

8. Halloween Jack says:

Ketchup, but no fries–and there would be the problem of how to eat them even if he had them. I’d be sad, too.

9. Jack says:

That kind of helmet never existed as a toy for kids back-in-the-day. So B.S. on that point, but awesome photo anyway.

I somehow feel sorry for him. He has an SP and no super star destroyer…