Microsoft's New Zune MP3 Players
Microsoft released new models of their Zune media players, adding the following:
• A slimmer new case design in both hard-drive- and flash-based models.
• Automatic syncing over Wi-Fi.
• The new "Zune Pad" is both a click button and a touchpad.
• "Zune Card" widgets for embedding on the web, a la Xbox Live Gamertag widgets.
• "Zune Social," a Last.FM-like music tracking platform.
• Integration with Windows Media Center platform, for watching your recorded content.
• The Zune-to-Zune "squirting" will still be wrapped in three-plays-only DRM, even for content you ripped yourself, although the self-destruct timer has been jettisoned.
• All new features will be added to the original zoom via a firmware update.
4GB for $150; 8GB for $200; 80GB for $250, available in mid-November.
Still not the disruptive product I wish it could be.
From the windswept sands of Gadgetzan: Gadget Lab (Hands-On)
; Daring Fireball
; Cult of Mac
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged mp3
. Bookmark the permalink