Design & Comfort’s Updated Murphy Bed with Shelf

dcflipbed.jpg

While it’s just a riff on the traditional Murphy bed design, this variant by “Design & Comfort” hides a sofa underneath and uses a flip-down bookshelf as its legs. You can have Design & Comfort build you one for an unknown price. I’m in the market for a new bed and would love something like this, but it’s probably out of my price range, especially since they seem to be based in New York, land of ridiculous furniture prices.

Product Page [DesignAndComfort.com via Freshome]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Design & Comfort’s Updated Murphy Bed with Shelf

1. Joel Johnson says:

Holy crap, Teresa! Thanks!

I saw your site and found your list of possible Murphy bed vendor very helpful. I made a purchase from Old Creek Wall Bed Factory last month, I found that their designs were just what I was looking for, not to mention I did not pay sales tax!
    Thanks!
    Melissa

3. strider_mt2k says:

Oh man we have a spare bedroom that is screaming for something like this.

It would allow us to use it for other stuff, but I’m having trouble bringing the wife around to the idea.

Thanks for the timely story and PICS! :D

I bought a fantastic wallbed from Wallbedsystems.com. Bec it came from Ohio there was shipping but no tax. I bought a floor model, stained and assembled it with friends. A fair bit of work but very reasonable ultimately. Kits without the wood are available on EBay as well but I think this was cheaper. Every guest I have loves the wallbed.
    Lisa

Actually, this is the Nuovoliolà bed by an Italian company called Clei.

They specialise in great looking, space saving furniture like that, so here’s some more for you to drool over :)

Katti

6. Joel Johnson says:

Ah, Katti, why must you torment!

I love how the back cushions just magically appear in the fourth frame. Ta-daaa!