Gerber Multi-Tool for Demolition Techs

DM_GerberDET.jpg

Gerber makes a multi-tool for demolition explosive technicians that has a blasting cap crimper in its pliers. I probably find that cooler than is warranted.

Dealmonger: Gerber’s Demolition Explosive Technician’s Multi-Tool For $79 [Toolmonger]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Gerber Multi-Tool for Demolition Techs

1. Lithium says:

SOG makes one too, which I prefer to the Gerber because you don’t lose the gripping teeth.

I am currently in Iraq, and I use it every day.

I used to use a Gerber (also stationed overseas with the army), but the damn thing rusted, then snapped. I much prefer the more sturdy Leatherman or the more traditional Victorianox (sic?). SOGs are pretty good too, but a little expensive.

3. Halloween Jack says:

Just don’t take it on the plane with you when you fly, eh?

Is this what the guys had that rigged the C4 for 9/11?

5. Marshall says:

It is a beautiful looking tool, I’ll say.

6. MonkeyFez says:

Had the old one years ago. Loved it. They told us to “never” crimp caps or det-cord with it. We did it all the time and we never went boom. Also that price is incredibly good.

Where’s the cork screw?

a tool? for capping? just use your teeth!