Free Video: The Secret Life of Machines

020_vacuumcleanersmall.jpg

I’ve never seen The Secret Life of Machines, a purportedly light-hearted documentary series by Tim Hunkin and Rex Garrod, but it comes highly recommend by one Hon. D. Rutter, so I gather it’s worth a download. Lucky for me, then, that its creators have put new versions online for free download, including episodes in an “iPhone” format, quite very nearly DVD quality. I’m slurping them down now. (Firefox users with FlashGot: This is a very great time to use the filter feature of the “FlashGot All” selection. Just filter for “m4v” and it’ll queue up all the episodes.)

The Secret Life of Machines [Exploratorium.edu via Dan's Data]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Free Video: The Secret Life of Machines

1. HermanCheesepump says:

I used to love this when it was originally on TV (probably about 15 years ago?). I hope it has aged well…

Unfortunately the iPhone format video was taken down. I got the first season and the first episode of the second but that’s it. Anyone know of a torrent for these?

I got that link from Tim Hunkin’s own site so please don’t remove it down without checking below.

This show has aged very well, and its creators have been very generous over the years in allowing it to be shared online in various forms, and through various means.

5. mikesum32 says:

I loved this show when it was on The Learning Channel, before TLC became mostly reality show garbage.

6. FrankenPengie says:

Bestest show ever! The fax machine has a very interesting history. I think the Mythbusters took some inspiration from these guys.

love this show. like the original mythbusters..sans myths.