Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker Knife Sharpener

sharpmaker.jpg

Red writes:

If you’re looking for a knife sharpener, you’d be hard pressed to do better than the Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker.  It will get your knife (or screwdriver, fish hook, or anything else with an edge) scary sharp.  You can even sharpen serrated blades with it.  I have even heard that you can use the Sharpmaker to sharpen the serrations out of a serrated knife!  Spyderco is also a great company that really makes fantastic knives and stands by their products.

I’d say he sounds like a shill, except that’s pretty much the same thing I keep hearing about the Spyderco sharpener from other sources, too. The Triange Sharpmaker is $75 available directly from the company.

Product Page [SpyderCo.com]

This entry was posted in knives. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Spyderco Triangle Sharpmaker Knife Sharpener

1. scissorfighter says:

I can testify that this sharpener is worth the investment. It’s quite versatile, and comes with an decent instruction manual as well as instructional DVD. I use it on my JA Henkels Professional S kitchen knives with great success. Like all sharpeners it takes some patience and practice, but it give great results. You can find it cheaper at various spots online.

2. Mike Overbo says:

Seconded. I’m not a pro or anything, but I use my sharpmaker to great effect. I rescued a bunch of my wife’s knives that were destroyed from using them on a glass cutting board.

Buying this was cheaper than buying new knives.

3. john says:

I’ve tried a bunch of sharpeners over the years and the best I’ve found so far is the ones from DMT, I really like the butterfly knife like sharpener as well, easy to carry and does a great job on smaller knives.

The DiaFold is great:

4. Skep says:

I’ve also got one of these. It is a useful tool since you can sharpen on the flat of the triangle or the point, so you can use it for serrated knives or for special tools. Using one of these can take a while, though, even with the medium hones.

I still like Croc sticks, ceramic rod sharpeners that use a v-shape like the spyderco, but it can take 20 minutes to bring hone a two angle edge.

5. Beaver says:

My dad swears by this sharpener. He collects and trades knives online. He bought me one but I have yet to open it.

6. MB says:

I’ve had one of these for a lonnng time (my video came on VHS!), and fourth the endorsement.

7. Dug North says:

I’ve got one of these too. My friends owned one and recruited me to sharpen their kitchen knives. It did such a good job, I got one to sharpen my wood-carving knives.

Sypderco also has ceramic stones for sharpening larger tools and specialized carving tools.

Regards,