Ski Mojo Personal Shock Absorbers

325ski1.jpg

The “Ski Mojo” is a wearable shock absorber that cradles the upper thigh, alleviating some of the stress the comes from skiing. MedGadget has a snotty quote from a “wintersports editor” at The Times of London about how these sorts of things are “in the same category as heated chairlift seats” which I think pretty much sums up my opinion on them: they sound great.

The Ski Mojo clips run around $600 a pair. Too bad they aren’t less expensive. I’m sure they’d be most useful to those just learning to ski who haven’t yet built up their stamina.

Product Page [SkiAlLDay.co.uk via MedGadget via Gizmodo]

This entry was posted in skiing. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Ski Mojo Personal Shock Absorbers

Has anyone commenting tried these? It seem like they would be a benefit to the quad muscles after knee surgery to be able to keep bouncing all day and not wearing you out by noon!

Jim Jakosh-Grand Rapids, Mi ( just had a new knee installed)

2. Paula Wirth says:

Considering how many of my friends and co-workers have had knees surgically replaced/rebuilt due to years of skiing, anything that reduces stress on the knees should be considered necessary, not just a convenience…

3. Benjamin says:

There needs to be a new tag on BB gadgets;

“Stuff that will make it easier for you to be Batman.”

4. Tom says:

This tech could also be useful for old folks with hip problems. The sports market will product test it and make it cheap, then the geriatric market can benefit. Win-win.

might be useful if your parachute fails to deploy, too!

Brought to you by Aperture Science.
    Sweet!

As someone who has a surgically repaired knee, I’d love to get back on the slopes. However, I need to surgically improve my bank acct, given the cost of gear and the like.
    However, this seems a bit over designed for taking stress off knees, if that is ones goal. I’ve thought that a simple flexible spring (sorta like a single-leaf spring, maybe) behind the knee would do nicely as a shock absorber – though not much for lateral stress. It wouldn’t cost $600 tho.

8. Cpt. Tim says:

these are a triumph!

I’m making a note here, huge success!