Morning Tech Deals Highlights

Videogames – For some reason Wal-Mart is letting you pre-order a bunch of games for Wii, 360, and PS3 for well under the MSRP, including Super Smash Bros. Brawl for $20. [Slickdeals]

Flash Memory Cards – Newegg has tons of SD, MicroSD, SDHC, microSDHC, and Compact Flash cards on sale. [Slickdeals]

Cake, Lies – If you have an Nvidia videocard in your PC or laptop you can get a demo of Portal. [SteamPowered.com]

Computer – Refurbished HP Pavilion AMD 2.8GHz 5600+ Desktop Computer for $485. [Woot!]

This entry was posted in Deals. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Morning Tech Deals Highlights

1. LostInTX says:

My order for Super Smash was canceled. I’ll email and inquire. Guess there’s no such thing as a cheap lunch, eh?

2. RacingChikin says:

My SmashBros order was also canceled. How disappointing!

3. krosebud84 says:

Super Smash Brothers for $20 woot woot.

4. A New Challenger says:

Signs point to the Wal-Mart thing being a massive computer (or human) fuckup (see: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney for DS for $70.) Mass cancellations are likely.

Didn’t stop me from placing an order for Brawl. Worth a shot!

5. strider_mt2k says:

Portal demo?

I just read about it on Wiki and fell in love with the song.
    I was on the fence but this might kick me over if Steam doesn’t piss me off somehow.

-Thanks!

6. A New Challenger says:

I wish that Portal demo had been up before I bought the damn Orange Box and found out it wouldn’t run on my machine. Damn you, Valve.

Also, Smash Bros. is back up to $50.

7. A New Challenger says:

Yep, my Brawl order was canceled as well. What’s funny/annoying is there was what I can only assume is an automatic e-mail informing me that “my request” to cancel the order had been received.

8. PhiCancri says:

@ A New Challenger:

Smash Bros. came up for me at $19.82 ($23.38 after shipping and taxes). Like was mentioned before, it’s probably a fudge up, but worth a shot!

9. Brian Copeland says:

Brawl still selling strong at 11am est. I’m thinking it is a loss leader to get more Walmart Online accounts set up. I’ve certainly never shopped on there before.

10. akbar56 says:

That walmart.com page also lists a Katamari game for the Wii. I thought Konami wasn’t doing one. Anyone have more info on that?

11. PhiCancri says:

@ Akbar56

It’s still listed at TBA.