Lovely Vibrator Design Leaves One Full of Delight

delight_vibe.jpg

While it’s not cheap at $165, the “Delight” vibrator is swoopy bit of plastic and silicone that looks downright—dare I say?—sensuous. It’s one of several new sex toys being promoted by Babeland for 2008. (Although I recognized at least a couple from years past, which is why I pointed out this one and not the whole list.)

What impresses me most is the combination of (hopefully) good ergonomics and style. I don’t have a vagina of my own, but if I did, I’d be consistently frustrated by the compromise in most vibrators, which seem to be either cutesy but impractical or well-designed but utilitarian.

Catalog Page [Store.Babeland.com via Boinkology]

This entry was posted in delight and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Lovely Vibrator Design Leaves One Full of Delight

1. Gemma says:

The manufacturer is Fun Factory who make a whole range of gorgeous toys.

http://www.funfactory.de/ (in English despite the .de)

I don’t know if I would buy a vibrator made by anyone else. I love the designs and the high quality of everything I’ve bought from them. They were also very helpful when I emailed and asked about what type of rechargeable batteries were most suited to vibrators (didn’t really want to email Uniross that question).

Even the packaging is superb. (“Look inside” panels secured by magnets = the future.)

2. montauk says:

The Tuyo (a perfect, sleek sphere), Onye (like the Tuyo but cylindrical), Cone (a puzzling pink cone), and Lelo Nea (looks like it’s made out of glossed porcelain!) are also very aesthetically pleasing picks. I would argue even moreso than the “Delight”. If it’s made out of translucent plastic, represents an animal (e.g. dolphin, rabbit), or only takes batteries – I won’t buy it.

I have NEVER seen a vibe like that before!

Mental! it looks more like a coat hook!!!

Its certainly not one of the most realistic vibrators , thats for sure!

4. NE2d says:

It’s one thing to be (visually) aesthetically pleasing, and another to be sexually pleasing. My wife has a number of beautiful and expensive vibrators, but none even come close to comparing to the hideously ugly but astonishingly effective Magic Wand.

5. non-BB-gadget-account says:

technically you don’t need a vagina to enjoy vibrators, Joel. just sayin’…

Looks a bit like a fetus.

7. lux says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. It’s really nice to see that more and more companies are actually working to make sex toys that are stylish and functional — and made of high quality materials, to boot!

8. Simon Greenwood says:

“I don’t have a vagina of my own…”

Well Joel, if you did something about your hair and left the house occasionally, you never know what might happen.

9. Abbey says:

I’m seconding the recommendation on Fun Factory toys – they’re incredibly well made. A little pricey, but totally worth it.

I was also really amused by the magnets on panels. Hooray for good design!

10. gobo says:

I only wish they made such smartly designed toys for boys!

He might lose his penis and have a vagina form? That is pretty frightening.

12. Tits McGee says:

Pretty.

Definitely going on my wish list.

13. dallas says:

Thanks Joel! We love this toy over at Babeland, it’s been a favorite since we got it in. The curve, the speeds and the pulsing make it a lot of fun. And, it’s rechargeable – more and more sex toys are developing this feature and thank goodness because we’re all tired of batteries.

I write about our other new toys over on Babeland’s blog: http://blog.babeland.com

14. kostia says:

Not that I ever bought anything purple from them, through Blowfish, a year or two ago, or anything, so I wouldn’t know, but yes, the magnets in the packaging are great.

I wish more packages would pick this up. It’s far, far superior to the cheap plastic not-Velcro-brand-fastener you have to rip open to look under the flaps of a box a computer game comes in, for instance.