“Brugo” Mug Cools Coffee One Sip at a Time

brugo_03.jpg

The “Brugo” mug has a trick top that lets you tip in a small amount of coffee to cool, letting you leave the rest of your coffee as hot for as long as possible. It sounds like a lot of trouble, but that’s never stopped coffee nerds.

No price or availability information yet.

I first read the “Lock” setting on the lid as “Luck” and imagined a second compartment that would release a factory-selected random flavor into your mouth.

Product Page [MyFav-Things.com via Crib Candy via Coolest-Gadgets]

This entry was posted in mug and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to “Brugo” Mug Cools Coffee One Sip at a Time

1. gobo says:

#3, please describe for us the cups of coffee you drink and how they’re an improvement over what’s found in the US.

2. agentfive says:

We reviewed this mug over 2 years ago on Single Serve Coffee – Brugo Mug Review. The mug works – but after the review many people who purchased had quality issues – I’m thinking these have been worked out.

3. Tommy says:

That’s why you keep most of your tea safe in the teapot while doling out small amounts into your teacup.

4. Doomstalk says:

#5: Actually if you’re going to be particular, coffee is a fruit, not a bean.

5. beerorkid says:

Got the wife one aver a year ago.

Only gripe is it can be a pain to clean. I have to get in there with q-tips and no clue about what is in the chamber.

They’ve been out for a couple months, They’re $20, and my roomate is in love with his.

7. Nixar says:

I puzzled over this one, until I remembered that what you USians call “coffee” is not actual coffee. Coffee-flavored hot water is more like it.

Mug looks Great.
    Is right in front of me.
    The only thing
    it does not work
    I spilt yesterday the entire coffee in my bag
    coffee does not stay warm longer then 20 min
    I like the product but come on guys. you should improve it!!!! Your are charging $20 for a crappy product..Improve it
    Anyways, it deserves an A in design and colour range

9. pork musket says:

@3 – That’s an ignorant generalization if I’ve ever heard one.

10. claud9999 says:

Huh…whathuh? Why would you want to keep your coffee as hot as possible as long as possible only to cool it down before drinking? Do coffee nutjobs (oh, I guess they’d be beanjobs) think the nature of the coffee is different doing this rather than just cooling it all down and drinking it?

11. mikeyboy says:

these have been out for a long time – they were on the today show about a year and a half ago.

you can buy them direct for $19.99.

i had one, wasn’t really worth the trouble but then i really like my travel mugs to be stainless inside with as simple a mechanism as possible (easier to clean).

Hi #15,
    Call 1877BRUGOGO, I thought there customer service was great. Got my mug fast and love it!!!

13. mdhatter says:

ewwww, this one’s earwax!

[/potter ref]

Claud, coffee tastes very different if it sits, cold and ignored. Hot coffee is good coffee – but the first sips are usually too hot and tend to burn your lips.

It doesn’t take a beanjob to notice the difference – just someone that actually likes coffee.

I have one of these cups and really love it. Unfortunately I froze mine and the lid broke, or rather got over twisted, and now the sip and tip function doesn’t work. Tried to contact the company to buy another lid and they totally ignored me. So great product….TERIBLE customer service….something to keep in mind.

16. mdhatter says:

#12, that is a very big detail

17. ahaley says:

I got one a few years ago. They’re okay but somewhat of a pain to drink out of. I also found it harder to clean that normal. Just get a decent thermal carafe and dole out small amounts. Or a decent thermal mug and drink carefully. No reason to sue over drinking hot coffee, oh wait….
    I’ve appreciated my Nissan thermal mug much more than my Brugo.