Coleman Camp Blender with Rechargeable Battery

bledner.jpg

Everyone knows camping is about one thing: pulsing various stones and twigs into a muddy slurry, slopping it directly into the stomach, tamping it down with a cattail, and writhing for two or three days in a yurt while your intestines are inexorably polished to a mirror finish. But what a hassle to bring the generator to keep the blender running!

Coleman’s new battery-powered blender makes that a problem of the past, capable of blending 20 to 30 pitchers-worth of materials with each battery charge. (Number of blends will vary depending on where your rocks of choice fall on the Mohs scale.)

It’s 80 bucks. (May or may not actually be capable of blending rocks.)

Product Page [Coleman.com via Dvice via Oh Gizmo]

16 Responses to Coleman Camp Blender with Rechargeable Battery

1. Fnarf says:

But if you’re far from electricity, aren’t you probably also far from ice?

2. elsmiley says:

That’s what I do when I go camping: get shitfaced. I only go because some girl wants me to go and then I sit around smugly getting drunk while the granola people do whatever the hell it is they came to do out there. Then I head into the tent with the girl. Right? I want one of these bad.

Nevermind on battery powered. Check this one out!
    Cheers

you had me at “mohs scale”.
    best written gadget blog, bar none.

5. Harrkev says:

The people who need a blender should just bring a power inverter to plug in a 120V blender. This is one of the most useless things that I have ever seen.

6. mdhatter says:

For safely enjoying Pina Colada’s while caught in the rain?

7. Skwid says:

If this is not used 95% of the time for campfire-side frozen margaritas, I’d be stunned.

I also may just have to buy one…

8. frogmarch says:

Don’t be fooled–this isn’t about camping, it’s about *tailgating*.

Coleman will sell a couple million of these in SEC country alone. Fruity blender drinks + dopey sorority girls stopping by your tailgate = win.

9. mmbb says:

Nevermind the gas powered blender above, what you really need is a hand-cranked blender:

for mixing quickcrete in the field for ….. whatever you need quickcrete in the woods.

11. Dustin Driver says:

Post triggered uncontrollable gut-busting, apoplectic laughter.

The funniest thing I’ve read in a long time, second only to your comment about Oakleys a while back in the thread about that god-awful leather dreadlocks thing.

Keep up the good work man.

12. strider_mt2k says:

Isn’t camping the perfect time for frozen drinks?

I think so.

13. Reed Savory says:

“and writhing for two or three days in a yurt while your intestines are inexorably polished to a mirror finish.”

Joel – funniest single thing I’ve read in a long time. Had me laughing yesterday afternoon and again this morning when I re-read it.

-Reed

14. mrsomuch says:

I spend alot of time at ‘underground’ uk music festivals in the summer, either crewing for my VJ g33k friends or relaxing.

what I mostly do also is get shitted, in as pleasant a fashion as possible. we already have a lounge we take replete with couches, benches and tables. To be able to make proper cocktails will make this years festival season perfect.

I’ll have 2 please.

15. Shearer says:

But will it pulverize an iPhone?

16. Scuba SM says:

I’d like to see this on “Will it Blend?” Not as the blender, but *in* the blender.