Leaked LEGO Castle Chess Set

legochess.jpg

I don’t normally traffic in leaks or rumors since that’s a loser’s game, but leaked LEGO sets? You bet your ass.

This is what Brothers Brick are calling the “Ultimate Castle Chess Set,” but the final name and price are anyone’s guess. The rooks are actual castles. I stopped playing chess in the second grade but I still sort of want it. It will remain about as classy looking on my bookcase as did the one owned by my friend Mike’s dad—an entire chess set with pieces that were full-sized bottles of cologne.

Ultimate castle chess set [Brothers-Brick.com]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Leaked LEGO Castle Chess Set

1. Halloween Jack says:

How much is something like this still really Lego, and not just Lego brand? Can you rearrange parts so that your knights have two heads and your queen is transgendered or something? Because that would be cool–being able to put together your own custom Lego chess set. That would be truer to the Lego spirit than a lot of these things that really seem to amount to nothing more than glueless model kits, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2. RyanH says:

Far as I can tell, the whole thing is standard Lego pieces. The board, the figures, everything appears to be Lego. So, no reason I can think of that you couldn’t go wild and build what you want.

It does look to me like standard LEGO mini-figs on top of bases made of relatively standard bricks. The board looks like ‘smooth tile’ pieces.. so it might actually be really Lego! Only one way to find out, though: have Joel buy it and document it.

4. michaelportent says:

I think my childhood dreams just came true. The Medieval Legos were cool as it was, but Chess + Legos = pure win.

5. Marshall says:

That is a pile of awesome parts.

6. Puck says:

I want one with Lego Pirates VS Ninjas, but Ill still but this when it comes out, I know I can just make my own, but I dont have a problem supporting Lego and all there goodness.

7. Puck says: