N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25: Fully Automatic NERF Cannon

Nerf-N-Strike-Vulcan.jpg

This new Nerf “N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25″ is a fully automatic belt-fed dart gun, powered by six D batteries. (I can’t think of the last time I used D batteries.) It’s only forty bucks, too. This will be mine when it launches this Fall.

Nerf Vulcan EBF-25: Fully Automatic Toy Dart Gun Rambo Junior’s Weapon of Choice [Gizmodo]

This entry was posted in guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to N-Strike Vulcan EBF-25: Fully Automatic NERF Cannon

anybody know if they are selling refill chains? im not sure if its just a rumor or what. and also how about jamming? cus when i got the longshot i returned it in 2 days cus i was tired of it jamming every 2-3 shots if not more often then that.

2. Chevan says:

I’m shaking with excitement at the modding possibilities.

I’m guessing the batteries are used to cock a spring; I can’t see the gun using an air reservoir to propel the darts.

Throw in the standard mods (remove air restrictors, change out the barrel, stronger spring), extend the chamber to use more than 25 darts, and possibly rig up a way to quickly change chambers and battery packs, and you’ve got an amazing gun.

Now, if only the emphasis weren’t on accuracy and range more than fire rate and capacity in Nerf circles.

I just got this yesterday, and it kicks ass. Single shot gets tedious, but you can’t beat it for the rule of cool. Also, I don’t know if I loaded my darts wrong or what, but I had about 2 darts per belt fail to clear the chamber and jam the mechanism, which meant I had to open it and clear it manually.

4. awesomesnakes says:

This is perfect for assassins! It’s a game the seniors at my high school play- They are on teams, each team is assigned to “assassinate” another team. All using nerf guns!

Hack one of those USB missile launchers into the trigger mechanism, and you’ll have the ultimate cubicle manjack.
    BTW, nice sexist/ racist Captcha… Laotian whore?

Can someone help me? I have a jam with my cocking mechanism and the rotator isn’t working.

I think mine kept jamming the first day without the ammo box was because the belt was tilted and the belt didn’t have a proper way getting in the feed chamber and so it kept jamming, or it was because I cocked the the gun before shooting in fully automatic. SO IF YOU HAVE JUST GOTTEN THIS AND KEPT WATCHING YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF 10 YEAR OLD KIDS COCKING THE GUN BEFORE SHOOTING IN FULLY AUTOMATIC MODE, DON’T TRUST THEM! THEY DON’ KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOAD A BELT IN THE CORRECT WAY, THE LOGO OF NERF ON EACH THING THAT HOLD A DART HAVE TO BE FACING UP AND THE DUMMY ROUND MUST HAVE THE PART WITH THE HOLLOW END FACING THE BACK SO IT’S FACING THE PISTON AND THE FULL PART FACING THE FRONT, THEN YOU JUST TURN THE OFF SWITCH ON AND LET ‘ER RIP!!!!!!!!

SEX!

I bought the toy for my son for Christmas and realized the cocking came as one piece instead of two. I may have bought one that was previously returned. Any ideas as to separating the two pieces so I don’t have to disconnect the toy altogether and return it. The box has already been compacted and trashed.

10. pork musket says:

That is supremely kick-ass. I can’t wait to see what those crazy nerf modders do to it. (See http://www.nerfhq.com/smf/gallery/index.php for a gallery of cool nerf mods and parts).

The only piece of gear I have left that uses D cells is my trusty Mag-lite. Six D cells is pretty crazy, but maybe someone can rig it up to use an AC adapter and save some money.

11. Joel Johnson says:

Hey, Pork! Haven’t seen you in a while.

oh my FUCKING god i got one it Rocks

It reminds me a little of those AT-AT’s from Star Wars (http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/atat/index.html), which is cool. But it’s got Nerf darts, which makes it outstanding.

14. DarkLite says:

Whwn this hog comes out i’m gona be the 1st ne to get it.

this gun has hit the shelvew already. target.com had them on there website but they were out of stock.

16. pork musket says:

Hey Joel :)

I’ve been around, just lurking – started a new job and have to have an app ready to demo by Friday, so I haven’t had as much time to play on the net. Cheers!

17. pork musket says:

@6 – That’s an awesome captcha!

From the captcha app’s help:
    “By entering the words in the box, you are also helping to digitize texts that were written before the computer age. The words that you see were taken directly from old texts that are being scanned and stored in digital format in order to preserve them and make them more accessible to the world. Since some of the words in these texts are difficult for computers to process, we are using the results of your efforts to help decipher them.”

Just make sure no spys are around, don’t want to get sapp’d!