Ariete SteakHouse Indoor Grill

steakhouse-grill-ariete.jpg

The “SteakHouse” indoor grill’s verical design is more than just a space-saving trick—and if you look at more of the pictures you’ll realize it’s not that small in the first place—but instead designed to allow fats to drain from the food into catch trays, preventing them from smoking next to the heating elements. Heating elements on both sides of the food tray speed up cooking times.

Is it worth €150? Probably not. But it’s a striking piece of kitchen gear, looking more like commercial kitchen equipment than some other cheap, plastic grills.

Product Page [Ariete.net via Appliancist]

10 Responses to Ariete SteakHouse Indoor Grill

1. Antinous says:

I’m on my third George Foreman grill, which tells me two things: I like the grill, but the non-stick coating doesn’t last very long. If this thing holds up better, it would be worth the extra euros.

I believe this was on one of the last Pitchmen shows.

3. Tom says:

Perfect for toaster bacon!

4. Not a Doktor says:

wait how is this different than a Foreman?

5. Thinkerer says:

Somehow I just can’t get away from the “pressed hams” joke…

if you say the manufacturers name with a Liverpudlian accent you end up with alright

7. Listener says:

My wife watches those silly reality shows like American Inventor, which means if I want to spend time in the family room, I have to watch them too.

Last summer on Inventor, some guy pitched this thing. It didn’t pass muster because it took 45 minutes just to get the steak slightly rare. But it looks like someone’s made it work.

If it doesn’t get to at least 500 degrees than it isn’t going to make a good steak. It doesn’t have a temp gauge and no one talks about how hot it gets, that tells me it probably doesn’t get very hot. Save your money and stick with a real grill.

9. mappo says:

I guess the name “Meat Toaster” didn’t test so well with the focus groups.

10. pereubu says:

Spiffy design, but €150 for a fancy George Foreman grill? Non merci.

Historical note: The original vertical grills were invented at Louis Lunch in New Haven, CT – inventor of the American hamburger – over 100 years ago. And they still work! Watch ‘em in action: < http://tinyurl.com/2o8cve> Talk about steampunk!