Boing Boing…The Maternity Store!

boingboing.jpg

Boing Boing is maternity and children’s clothing store in Park Slope, Brooklyn. I snapped this rather crappy pic with my iPhone a couple of months ago, went out today to get a better one, and then couldn’t find it. Turns out it’s a lot further down 6th Avenue that I remembered!

It’s got a 9.8 out of 10 review on NYMag.com, though, so we can safely say they’re doing the name proud.

Boing Boing [NYMag.com]

Below is a sponsored widget from Microsoft.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Boing Boing…The Maternity Store!

1. Benny says:

I’m a bit confused, did you take the picture with the iphone, then uploaded the post through windows mobile somehow, or was this done on a completely separate machine?

2. Joel Johnson says:

@1: I see it. The little link? I have no idea why you can’t see it. And yes, sponsored by Microsoft.

@2: No, I didn’t use Windows Mobile at all. In fact, I didn’t use Windows. (Although I have a Vista machine in the house for gaming, I do most of my work on the Mac.)

3. meegs says:

Ok so, this is hillarious right?

Bless you for using your iPhone and putting this up with a windows mobile “widget”. Brilliant!

After reading comments detailing the kerfuffle over the introduction of these windows mobile thingys….and after feeling so disappointed with Boing Boing over the handling of the whole fiasco….I’d just like to say thanks for your brilliant sense of irony Joel, you’re good for a chuckle, as always!

4. Benny says:

wait, so windows mobile didn’t even send you guys machines to pimp, all you guys would be doing is putting up map of the location and then it’ll say “sponsored by windows mobile”?

I’m serious, guys, you need to figure out this payola/plugola thing, like requesting a Bugatti Veron for your plugs.

POWAH!

5. Joel Johnson says:

Oh man, I would totally do all sorts of unethical things for a Veyron.

6. David Carroll says:

Well Semiotix if your college buddy was born before Sputnik 1 was launched, then he may have a case.

Of course the estate of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carroll_(actor)
    would have a case against me…

I suspect that the fearless editors of Boing Boing will take a zen approach to all of this and live and let live.

Until of course the store starts a ‘zene, or I change my name to Boing Boing.

7. retroschooner says:

How much are you paying AT&T every month for that iphone service?

8. certron says:

I sense a unicorn presence inside those walls…

9. David Carroll says:

I am shocked that you have not litigated these brick and mortar dinosaurs into the ground. I mean to sully the good Boing Boing name with concepts such as maternity and infants….. FSM help them if they dare to start a website.

10. frizzick says:

I always liked to think that the store and blog were somehow connected, but discussion of the connection was verboten for tax reasons.

11. semiotix says:

I’m in complete agreement with David Carroll, although his username is infringing on the trademark rights of a guy I went to college with. (His lawyers will be in touch.)

Off the top of my head, this place is violating your trademark, service mark, implied patents, and several of your notoriously wide-reaching EULAs. They’re also looking at legal nastygrams over deceptive trade practices, incursion on your airspace, and emotional distress. Come to think of it, I’m emotionally distressed by this. Anyone for a class action suit?

Anyway, here’s my advice: get a court order forcing them to set up a website publicly disavowing any connection, and then serve their provider with a DCMA takedown notice. After all, you have to protect your good name!

12. License Farm says:

Before I opened up these comments I was going to mention that in stark contrast to the ham-fisted Honda tie-in this was a far better integrated sponsorship. Obviously I’m just not judgmental or self-righteous enough.

To the point of the post, rather than trying to impose copyright on this store, which I assume is not Happy Mutants’ intent, you ought to be trying to interest them in carrying Craft and Make books as pertain to childcare and other topics of mutual fascination.

13. sonny p fontaine says:

i saw this over a month ago but figured that, since you live in park slope as well, you’d see it. took you a while.

14. Lukstr says:

Below is a sponsored widget from Microsoft.

What widget? I see nothing. And the words sponsored and Microsoft in the same sentence?