LEGO Collector: A Catalog of Every LEGO Set Ever; Exclusive First Scans

LEGO_Cover_3D.jpg

Update 2: I’m proud to present the exclusive first look at the cover and sample page from the LEGO Collector catalog, issued by the company in honor of the 50th anniversary of the LEGO brick. Click the images for full-sized versions.

Fantasia Verlag, a German publisher that specializes in collectors catalogs, will be releasing “LEGO Collector,” an 800-page guide of every single LEGO set ever produced since 1958 through 2008, all in glorious color. It’s going to be €23 in Germany, but there are currently no announced plans for releasing the guide in the US, despite the catalog including all sets unique to the US, Asia, or Australia.

From the press release:

50 years of play, fun and joy – around 8.000 LEGO® sets in one book
Key data LEGO® Collector:
· Expected date of publication: May 2008
· Around 800 pages
· Bilingual: English / German
· Around 8.000 sets printed in colour
· One chapter for every year: 1958 – 2008
· Additional information: number of components; available from/until
· Rating (1-6 LEGO® Bricks) to establish the rareness of sets
· Extra: Chapter with key rings
· Extra: List of all published Service-Sets
· Index to quickly find the desired sets
· MSRP 22,90€ (Germany); the price may vary in other EU countries due to different
tax regulations

I must have this catalog. I’ve reached out to my LEGO contacts to see if we can expect it here.

Press Release [Eurobricks via Bros. Brick]

Update: LEGO has confirmed to me that this will be released in the US at some point in the future. (This year, I suspect.) More details to come!

PreviouslyInterview: Bjarne P. Tveskov, Classic LEGO Space Designer [BBG]
50 Years of LEGO: Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon Time-Lapse Video [BBG]
50 Years of LEGO: Nine Sets I Have Known and Loved [BBG]

LEGOcollector_Layout.jpg
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to LEGO Collector: A Catalog of Every LEGO Set Ever; Exclusive First Scans

1. elsmiley says:

Too sweet! I remember buying some of those exact sets and the absolute thrill of first opening them up. I had a LOT of LEGO.

The catalog can be ordered NOW from fantasiaverlag.de. The note says “available in May – order NOW, will send it as soon as it’s available”.

Are there any plans for Lego to release everything from the catalogue? How amazing would that be?

4. Marshall says:

Hot Shit! Wow! I can’t wait for this to come out in the states.

The cover image doesn’t display correctly because it’s CMYK. Most (if not all) browsers will need it to be in RGB.

6. ridestowe says:

wow, grats on the exclusive on this one, BB gadgets!

I cant see the cover! It doesn’t work! The example page is OK, but there is no image for the cover! DO SOMETHING!

8. strider_mt2k says:

That a coffee table book must-have!

BRING!

9. Chris Furniss says:

DO WANT

SHIT WHAT THE HELL IT IS YOU MADE WRONG THE COVER OR I DUNNO BUT IT DOESNT DISPlAY! WHY ARE U TORTURING ME??