iPhone Dream App: LEGO-Touch

legoiphone.jpg

It’s just a blue-sky concept at the moment, but you know that I couldn’t leave this convergence of LEGO and the iPhone untouched. What you see if what you get with Play/NYC‘s “LEGO-touch,” pretty much, and there would be some interface difficulty trying to put the full library of pieces into place, but I’d get such a kick out of making little LEGO models and sending them to my friends. It couldn’t happen over SMS, though. Maybe MMS, if Apple hadn’t broken the iPhone’s ability to speak the common multimedia message format, which I suspect they did so that people couldn’t use the system to route video clips over the AT&T network to the phone instead of buying video content from iTunes.

LEGO, make this happen. I’d be happy to consult on the development. Get some of the Net Devil guys working on the LEGO Universe MMO to build it and integrate it into the game!

Oh, while we’re on the subject, where are the folks digging into the iPhone SDK talking online? I don’t think I’ll ever learn Objective-C well enough to do anything myself, but I’d like to poke around and see what smarter people are up to.

LEGO-touch for iPhone and iPod Touch [Core77.com]

This entry was posted in apple and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to iPhone Dream App: LEGO-Touch

1. Kid says:

It will be perfect on a big table-top touchscreen monitor.

You could check Freenode IRC on channels #macosx or #macdev, and ask some questions there. Be patient, though.

3. strider_mt2k says:

Who wouldn’t like that or wish that for someone?

I have LEGO Creator for Windows and it’s quite a lot of fun when I can’t get at some actual pieces.

Very cool. I hope it works out for the iPhone folks.

Dude thats not for iPod Touch… thats for PC!

5. GenghisPhlip says:

Very cool! I want that!

6. iRoy says:

I take it Douglas Coupland is forming his software company as we speak…