Korg DS-10: Emulate the Classic MS-10 Synth on the Nintendo DS

The Korg DS-10 is a cartridge for the Nintendo DS that turns the portable game device into a synthesized MS-10 synthesizer, including two synth engines, a drum machine, and a 16-step sequencer. You can punch in controls with three different interfaces, including an on-screen keyboard. And while you can’t link multiple DS-10s through MIDI or USB, the DS-10 does support controlling multiple DS running the software through a wireless interface.

It’s Japan-only, but since the DS doesn’t use a region lock on its cartridges, importing the 4,800-yen title should be no problem. In fact, I might try to grab a couple myself after the July release—they’re sure to be a collector’s item.

It’s worth noting that this isn’t an unofficial project; Korg actually sanctioned AQ Interactive to make the software.

Product Page [AQI.co.jp via Music Thing]

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments, japan, nintendo, synth, videogames and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Korg DS-10: Emulate the Classic MS-10 Synth on the Nintendo DS

1. Simon Greenwood says:

NEED

I knew buying the black DS would pay off eventually. It will look ace next to my Legacy Series controller.

For some reason I cannot sign in. Maybe it’s because I looked at Joel Johnson’s appearance on the Hugh Thompson show or something? I dunno.

Anyway, this is awesome. I want one! A pocket MS-10 is what any self-respecting 21st century boy/girl should have at their immediate beck and call.

-sharkcellar

3. sharkcellar says:

Now this is weird. I wasn’t able to sign in to comment on this coolness, until after I commented anonymously.

It’s still the SHIZZY!

4. nex says:

Gorgeous! If only it wasn’t so long ’til July. I want to run out, buy a DS and see if I can’t homebrew something similar before then.

5. Harrkev says:

This thing seems awesome (he said, even though he can’t see any flash videos using 64-bit linux). Please post again when they become available in the US.

as you can imagine, even here in japan, this thing is quite a sensation.

and just for your info, apparently this software is to be available only at amazon japan online shop (http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0015PSKV0/).

i’m not sure if the future sales is going to be limited in that way for good…..

7. tnash says:

I know there are websites to buy Japanese domestic market electronics and games. Anyone have any links to whichever one may sell this when it’s released? The WANT is strong with this one.:-)

8. Goose22 says:

I want that! I hope it comes to North America.