Star Wars Shaggin’ Wagon for Sale on eBay

starwarsvan.jpg

This 1977 Dodge Tradesman van, available for sale on eBay, has a custom Star Wars mural painted on the side. The van appears to be pretty much falling apart, sadly, but perhaps that’s why the bids have only gone just over $1,000. It is a really nice paint job, though. It’s a shame that the painted van has fallen out of favor, putting thousands of skilled airbrushers out on the street.

Auction Page [eBay.com via Star Wars blog]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Star Wars Shaggin’ Wagon for Sale on eBay

1. ROSSINDETROIT says:

Ah, the painted van! In the late ’70s there were two highly visible vehicles in my small home town. One was a brown van titled “Ripped Van Winkle” which featured an airbrushed picture of a wizard smoking a pipe, IIRC. The owner of that must have had to be judge sober every time he got behind the wheel because if there’s anything that will attract a cop’s attention it’s an intoxicated wizard on your vehicle.
    The other was a purple Lincoln Continental driven by the famous professional wrestler The Sheik. It was more conventional looking, but had a certifiable nutcase behind the wheel.

This one baby!

It’s the one that will get ya laid!

PS: I would not be anonymouse if I could figure out my sign in name…. you password reset email does not include it.

3. Enochrewt says:

Falling apart? The Millenium Falcon was a bucket of bolts according to some snooty hoes, but it was still bitchin. BID BID BID.

4. revolution83 says:

Just wondering if this van is still for sale i live in canada and am looking for one of these vans to buy and fix up if this van is still for sale email me at thomasfletcher@hotmail.com

5. Halloween Jack says:

mmmkay… he claims that the 31-year-old van has only 100,000 miles on it, but he drives it “all the time”. I can just imagine this guy buying the van in ’77, getting it painted and impressing all the geeky 13-year-old Star Wars fans (like me) in town, driving to gigs, rockin’ the van with his girlfriend… then waking up one morning and thinking, “It is the twenty-first century and I am fifty years old.” He pops a piece of Nicorette in his mouth, goes out to the carport, and pours a glass of blue milk out onto the gravel for his homey from Tattooine.

6. artbot says:

Ha! In 1977 I won an airbrushed car mural from a radio station contest. I sold it to my friend for $75 and he had a Darth Vader and a TIE Fighter painted on the hood of his dad’s Mustang. It actually looked pretty cool. Wonder whatever happened to that car.