British Press Paying for “Videogame Criminal” Yarns

“StarNow,” a British talent agency, has a job posting for someone who can “write a few lines about how computer games turned you to crime” for a “national newspaper.” The newspaper will pay “hundreds of pounds to the right person” who will help manufacturer a tabloid exposé about a manufactured crisis.

Someone should write up a salacious whopper and then let us know which newspaper is actually paying for these sorts of hyperbolic, spiteful hit pieces about videogames, the latest medium destroying our children.

(My grandfather bought his farm, Jitterbug Acres, with money paid to him for his story, “Hopped Up on the Lindy Hop!” a.k.a. “It Was the Jazz That Made Me Fuck That Goat.”)

Job listing [Starnow.co.uk via Kotaku]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to British Press Paying for “Videogame Criminal” Yarns

1. brianary says:

I just can’t stop eating ghosts…

rupert murdoch

3. floatingip says:

It’s likely the Daily Star.

4. acb says:

My guess: the Daily Mail.

5. Deadmeat says:

Last week, I started rolling the paper clips, pencils, and post-it notes on my desk into small spheres.

Today, my neighbor’s dog was an unfortunate casualty of my sphere-rolling addiction, not to mention their mailbox – which is a federal crime.

This is a cry for help, before I roll again!

6. Daemon says:

Masters of Orion 3 made me want to shoot the people who made it…