Welcome our new editors, Rob Beschizza and John Brownlee

editors.jpg

When Boing Boing invited me into their tree house a few months ago I had every hope that I, a notoriously fickle employee, would find a home. Somewhere to kick up my feet for the long haul; a place to do exactly the sort of work — or attempt at work — that I wanted to do. It’s been that and more. The Boingers are — unsurprisingly — the most like-minded and supportive group of folks I’ve ever worked with and I owe them a lot.

So it is with my closest analog of real human joy that I ask you to welcome two new editors here at Boing Boing Gadgets: Rob Beschizza and John Brownlee. I’ll save the pedantic (and probably boring) retelling of their recent careers. Suffice it to say that of the dozens of writers I’ve worked with over the years, Rob and John consistently make the kind of content I find captivating, intelligent, and hilarious. It doesn’t hurt that they’ve both become dear friends.

Our mission remains the same meandering trajectory: share with you the things we find interesting — and lambast the things we find tedious, wasteful, or poorly crafted. We’re going to be experimenting with lots of ideas, some of which may actually turn out to be good. We also will continue to find ways to engage the community that has grown up around Boing Boing, not as some bullet point on a “Things to do on a website” list, but because collectively — often individually! — you guys are smarter and more knowledgeable than we are.

I’m not exactly sure what Boing Boing Gadgets will grow up to be, but I can’t wait to watch it erupt into the scaly travesty against life itself we all know it can become.

PreviouslyWelcome. If I Didn’t Hate the Connotations of “Manifesto…” [BBG]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Welcome our new editors, Rob Beschizza and John Brownlee

1. License Farm says:

And hi to you, Rob. Brownlee, are we to assume then that Ectomo’s normally shambling pace will become even more glacial with your attentions further divided? Make it worth it, son.

2. Amy Crehore says:

Hey, that’s great news! Congrats to both.

John Brownlee, you are a funny guy!
    But you have no face.

3. Xeni Jardin says:

The three of you probably add up to like, four or five hundred pounds of humanflesh, but 16 tons of AWESOME.

4. John Brownlee says:

In case anyone is wondering, I’m the kid in the yellow spacesuit with the face melted by chemical burns.

5. strider_mt2k says:

Welcome!

I look forward to reading what you write about our planet.

6. moregrey says:

Johnson, Bechizza, and Brownlee, all focused on a single fascinating subject? My modest supply of adjectives is overwhelmed by the gleeful anticipation of their regular dispatches. The hydrogen-filled gasbaggery of far too much that passes for high-tech gadget-related journalism is about to meet the white-hot pitchforks of the new BBG crew, and I can’t wait. Gentlemen, start your blowtorches!

7. Rob Beschizza says:

Hello, everyone!

8. clashcityrockerkat says:

Welcome to both of you! I loved your stuff at Wired, so looking forward to your work here too.

Congrats on the move!

What’s the source for that image?

10. mightymouse1584 says:

its only a matter of time now before gadgets supplant the mother ship in a mutiny of unfathomable techno-horror. I wait patiently.

11. John Brownlee says:

Xeni’s calling us fatties, I think. We can’t all be lithe, frosted-hair sylphs, Xeni!

12. HeatherB says:

Congrats on the move for sure. I know you will entertain me here in the same fashion as you did at Wired.
    All hail Boing boing!

13. Waelwulf says:

I follow you wherever you go John Brownlee. You really need to start making posts on ecto when you add a new writing position under your formidable belt.

14. elguapostrikes says:

viva la ectoplasmosis!

15. murray says:

Holy shit! Judging by the Beschizza and Brownlee posts I’ve read today, this is gonna be awesome.

16. prehensile says:

The glutinous tentacles of the Octobee worm their way ever deeper into the soft belly of the internets.

17. Evil Jim says:

Oh dear lord Cthulhu. You’ve recruited Brownlee? THE John Brownlee??! I thought we had him safely locked up at Ectomo.com & now you’re going to unleash him on the BoingBoings? What hell hath ye wrought!