Tiny wireless video camera watches and waits–for 45 minutes

rc_12_cam.jpg

Japan Trend Shop’s wireless mini video camera has 45 minutes of battery life and records it all at a claimed 2.7 megapixels (as commenter Pinup57 suggests below, this is likely a typo of .27 megapixels). Moreoever, it transmits what it sees at 1.2 GHz up to 98 feet to a receiver, which itself hooks up to any old TV or capture card with a composite video jack.

At $270, it’s very expensive–and it doesn’t record audio, either–but given that it’s waterproof and less than a square inch in size, I expect those with an application already in mind won’t mind the tag.

RC-12 Wireless Mini Video Camera [Kilian Nakamura via Oh Gizmo! and Ubergizmo]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Tiny wireless video camera watches and waits–for 45 minutes

1. Rob Beschizza says:

“And, forgive me, if you don’t post at least a link to a sample video made with this thing, you’re just giving away free advertising space, no?”

That said, I might not have been sufficiently cynical and dismissive in my post: I shall now correct this error.

Based on its tiny chassis, rudimentary optics, gimmicky character and arse-end image sensor, this camera almost certainly produces complete garbage.

2. cha0tic says:

Small, compact, wireless, waterproof. Why isn’t it more rounded? ;)

3. genericvox says:

Check your toilets ladies.

4. Futrell says:

Gross.

5. cha0tic says:

…and it needs some sort of illuminator as well ;)

6. tarekeee says:

Any idea as to what water depth can this camera be used at if used underwater like in a swimming pool(Specs only mention its waterproof and can be used underwater). I m wondering as to what would be the depth reached by this camera as radio waves are greatly absorbed by fresh water !!

7. RadioGuy says:

It’s bigger than the one mentioned above, but this camera is a heck of a lot more affordable, and has decent image quality, too.

[I have no affiliation with the store, I'm just a satisfied customer who was impressed with the camera]

8. Giraffe says:

well, now that we know this is shit… can someone please point me in the direction of a small, lightweight, wireless camera that i can affix to a rc airplane — oh yes.

9. Luc says:

I wouldn’t want to see the baud rate on that hypothetical morse code receiver :)
    It’s just a normal wireless video receiver by a manufacturer called Morse – see e.g. http://www.rfamerica.com/product/dentalmed/accessory/morse.html

10. Rob Beschizza says:

Ahah! Thanks for the correction.

11. pinup57 says:

Hmmm, that’s 270 000 pixels (VGA), not 2.7 megapixels. And, forgive me, if you don’t post at least a link to a sample video made with this thing, you’re just giving away free advertising space, no?