Belkin mouse trap zips up all your mouse pad detritus

ggggg.jpg

This is a simple, elegant idea. Belkin’s Mouse Trap mouse pads allow you to quickly zip up all the flotsam, jetsam and detritus scattered across your mouse pad and take it on the road with you like a little pocketbook. For $8.79, it seems rather useful. The only question is whether or not it could possibly hold everything littering my mousepad, which seems to function as a gravity well for my junk. Currently stacked atop my mousepad: one smoldering Meerschaum pipe, one jumble of indeterminate origin keys, a cheap lighter I bought for fifty cents at the local convenience store (this lighter declares its owner to be an “Islam O.G.”), two depressingly empty beer bottles, a novelty bottle opener, a stack of coverless CDs, a fork, my syncing iPod, a paperback copy of Naked Came The Stranger and, finally, my laser mouse, which will only function within its allotted millimeters of free space by cranking the sensitivity up to the point of sub-atomic mapping.

Belkin Mouse Trap [Geek Bro via Book of Joe]

This entry was posted in belkin. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Belkin mouse trap zips up all your mouse pad detritus

I thought i didn’t need a mousepad anymore after i got my optical but then my desk is too shiny or something, it doesn’t work well at all w/o the mouse pad.

2. darkbeanie says:

I haven’t read more than a few tidbits of Naked Came the Stranger, but I did enjoy reading Stranger Than Naked, the followup book that described how the original hoax was pulled off. I especially liked that they had to edit to make it crappier.

Plus a pad lets the mouse slide around nicer .. and keeps all your fingerprints off the desktop itself.

4. Anonyman says:

I absolutely cannot stand anything within 10 inches of my mouse. Just the zipper around the edge of that thing would drive me friggin nuts.

5. strider_mt2k says:

I’m with Fnarf on this one.

Optical mice FTW!

6. narnie says:

I find that I have to use a mouse pad with my optical mouse because I have a glass top on my desk.

Glass and optical mice just don’t work.

7. Fnarf says:

Mousepads are for losers. Get an optical mouse, they work better right on the table than on any pad, and they’ll work on your pants leg in a pinch.

8. Narual says:

one of my friends bought two of these off the clearance shelf at OfficeMax a month or two ago… she keeps her laptop mouse and all the laptop cords in it when she’s traveling — one for her work laptop, one for her personal.

Not sure if she used the mouepad function much though, it’s a bluetooth laser mouse, so it doesn’t exactly need a mousepad.

9. Cunning says:

Until recently, I assumed an optical mice rendered pads obsolete. After discussing the matter with my Counter Strike comrades however, I was surprised to learn that the best players still use them. So I picked up one myself, and sure enough, the pad provides superior movement and tracking, at least in my case. Now, all your base are belong to us.

10. mikeryz says:

Oooh, it’s like a Bible Case for techies…

I use a trackball :’(

11. Enochrewt says:

Greeeaaat. Let’s zip up all the lint, crumbs and gunk so that the mouse can marinate in it instead of setting on top of it. It’s like non-edible shake’n’bake!

12. lautaylo says:

@ Narnie, #10 – same problem. Mousie has a difficult time reading the floor thru my glass-top desk. What a nifty mousepad!