Ingenious jar-friendly spoons

yogurt_spoon4.jpg

Introducing Nojae Park’s yoghurt-pot spoon: simple genius of the kind that gets chair-bound gadget bloggers excited, but which has probably been available from all good dollar stores since 1977.

… and no sooner than I write the above paragraph, the following presents itself, via Yanko Design commenter Luke:

id-26c.jpg

The date? 1962. My retrometer is off 15 years.

Good to the last drop [Yanko Design]
Kraft jar spoon [Achille Castiglioni]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Ingenious jar-friendly spoons

1. Andrew B. says:

the top picture ad. looks vaguely mac-esque.. anyone else agree?

2. sonny p fontaine says:

isn’t this what your tongue is for?

3. mmbb says:

The spoon is nice and all, but can I get one with Bluetooth connectivity?

4. Fnarf says:

@2, I’ll just stick with the dog’s tongue, thanks.

While the jar-spoon seems ok (for that shape of jar), the pot-spoon is, I’m sorry to say, seriously flawed (if not a total crock). As soon as the depth of the pot varies, the corner of the spoon ceases to fit! :-P

6. Enochrewt says:

Can I humbly suggest using more spatulas and less spoons? They come in all sizes and do a better job than these contrived (though aesthetically pleasing) spoons.

The spatula is my go-to utensil for making PB&J and eating yogurt.

7. toxonix says:

Agreed: spatula.

The Spatula is flexible; it can clean any jar as easily as a dog’s tongue.
    The above designs would require different spoons for every size and shape jar.

8. Qozmiq says:

Okay, can I just say how incredibly lame this is? Any spoon…let me repeat…ANY spoon can get into any corner, crevice, cleavage, cleft, or fissure, if you angle it right. I never leave a cup of yoghurt with a speck of Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus. Other bacteria (e.g., acidophilus) and other strains of the above bacteria left in it. This is just silly. And the sillyness must stop…and now. The amout of time a flat sided spoon will save you is nerthy worth a twitherbush!

*currently incompatible with spoon-friendly jars.