Foosball for the larger family

Giant-football-table_front.jpg

If the reproductive therapy worked a little better than expected, keep the litter entertained with Amstel’s gargantuan foosball table, created for a Champions’ League promo event. Big enough for 22 players–a full soccer team–it has 24 legs, dozens of little plastic men, and requires 6 flight cases to be shipped.

Source [Home Airworks via DVICE]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in foosball, Furniture and Lighting. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Foosball for the larger family

1. Patrick Austin says:

Finally, foosball can be as low-scoring and boring as real soccer!

2. gabrielm says:

No mention of Maurizio Cattelan?

3. DMcK says:

Not if there’s only 2 players! This thing just inspired a thought: GIGANTIC AIR HOCKEY TABLE, with multiple goals. A man can dream, right?

4. Teej says:

Nobody will ever score.

Just like my weekends.

5. Howlsthunder says:

“No mention of Maurizio Cattelan?

Several years ago, I played on his 22 person table that was being displayed during LET’S ENTERTAIN at Portland Art Museum. Here is a photo of the original table.”

I, too, had the opportunity to play the Cattelan table at the Portland Art Museum. I was there with my 3-D Design class and there was plenty of room for the 15 of us and then some. The game never got dull because there were quite a few balls going at once – it was utter mayhem and I loved it.

As if there was not enough pressure already on the goal keeper. Yikes! After the ball making it’s way past 10 players, the goalie has his/her work cut out for sure. On the plus side, he’ll/she’ll have enough time to drink a beer before it makes it’s way down to him/her. I want one!

7. paddysat says:

Damn. I need more friends.

8. License Farm says:

It’s limoosball! Seriously, we’ll probably see this in stretch limos rather than hot tubs in the near future, especially those in Silicon Valley.