$47,200 GSM bathtub for people who want to subscribe to cleanliness

diamondbathtub-1_aBOd8_12.jpg

Lest you feel bathtubs are beyond the remit of a gadget blog, know this: the Red Diamond bathtub from WaterGamesTechnologies has two waterproof televisions, a GSM module to allow remote control from anywhere on Planet Earth, a temperature panel and a crowd of whirlpool pumps. One can even set how frequently it disinfects itself: perfect for after a nice Craigslist-organized hot-tub soirée.

In predictably tasteless fashion, the tub, designed by Aldo Puglielli, comes in whore red and has a champagne holder studded with Swarovski crystals.

Product Page [WGT via BornRich]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting, gsm and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to $47,200 GSM bathtub for people who want to subscribe to cleanliness

1. Enochrewt says:

If I owned this tub. I’d never leave it. Howard Hughes recluse style.

2. Tenn says:

Mr. Beschizza, with that Craigslist link you’ve proven truly worthy of your name Be(shieza).

I’m scarred. NSF(Life) tag, please?

3. Marcel says:

I hear the Playboy Mansion has one in every room on the estate.

4. murray says:

Okay, well. I read the craigslist ad and now I guess I’m pretty much scarred for life. Thanks!

5. Halloween Jack says:

a GSM module to allow remote control from anywhere on Planet Earth

And here I thought the era of camgirls was basically over.

6. Rob Beschizza says:

I was going to suggest that the craiglist posting is the plaintext equivalent of goatse or rickroll, but it really isn’t. Those things punch you in the face, but “everything floats in Berkeley” is a lingering tower of horror that looms ever-greater with every sentence.

A poster at qt3 described it simply as “the stuff of nightmares” which is quite apt.