Cepia motorized spray bottle would go great with a garden mobility scooter

motorized_sprayer.jpg

“Life is simply better” is the incongruous tagline of the Cepia company, whose “48oz Sprayer” adds a convoluted and unnecessary battery-powered dual-reciprocating pump to its spray bottle, rending the onerous chore of squirting as lackadaisical as holding down a trigger. It’s better than aerosol cans, I suppose, but it still makes me want to cry a little.

They can be found in various outlets for around $10.

Product Page [CepiaLLC.com via Oh Gizmo]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Cepia motorized spray bottle would go great with a garden mobility scooter

1. mmbb says:

Must resist that little “TRY ME” sticker… Must resist!!

Cleanup in aisle four, please.

2. Frank_in_Virginia says:

@9 so true. I was in Bed, Bath, & Beyond yesterday. Standing in line I saw a Remote Control Whoopee Cushion hanging on the rack with a “Try Me” sticker. As there were five attractive women in the check-out lines around me, I put my hands in my pockets to fight the temptation. We all know where the sound would appear to originate from.

3. Bucket says:

#8 that’s what I was thinking.

Is this thing foodsafe?

More importantly, is it 191 proof vodka safe?

4. geekpdx says:

Old ladies with arthritis have houseplants too.

5. Zaren says:

I purchased two jugs (64 oz?) of weed killer and ant spray last year, and both had these powered sprayers on them (batteries included). I thought it was a ridiculous idea, but after walking the perimeter of the house to try and stop those pesky ants and spiders from coming in, and then going up and down my sidewalk and yard trying to stop the invasion of dandelions and picker bushes, I saw the value in the battery assist.

I went through half of each of those bottles that day, and would have surely ended up with a cramped up, non-functional hand the next day, had I been manually squeezing and re-squeezing. The spray heads worked just as well as the manual models – I wasn’t hosing massive quantities of liquid around or dripping it all over myself. I can’t really see the value of such an attachment on a regular-use bottle, but if you’re going to be using it a lot at one time, it has some value.

6. Fnarf says:

Uh, you can get a sprayer that you pump up with air pressure that works perfectly for this without any batteries needed. They come in all sorts of sizes, from small jug to giant wheeled things. Try this one: http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1272962

7. bardfinn says:

Countdown to kids using one in a bedroom door boobytrap in 3 … 2 … 1 …

Having had to fabreeze an entire house worth of carpet to decatify it, I can say that this would have realy helped… by the time I got to the basement I was using my pinkies and swapping arms every three squirts :(
    It serves a purpose… But I can’t think of enough of them to go out and buy one… I can see arthritis sufferers wanting one tho.

9. mkultra says:

My wife has some RSI issues. This would be a godsend for anything more than a few seconds-worth of squirting.

10. Unanimous Cowherd says:

My wife (who is not an old lady) runs an organic house cleaning service. While it’s a great, flexible occupation, and she does not use industrial chemical-based cleaners (which saves not only her clients’ health but also her own), she applies a lot of “elbow grease” and so uses her hands all the time. She has developed a very painful form of repetitive stress injury in her hands and wrists from using spray bottles.
    Something like this could save her a lot of pain. I’m going to look this one up.

11. Torporous says:

@8 and @11

I saw one of these at a hardware store a while back and was instantly captivated.

Then I found a battery powered spray head swiffer by the curb last week and had to pick it up…need a project to use it. Hmmm.

12. membeth says:

I was thrown from a horse, and an odd lingering effect of the resulting concussion is that my hand strength sucks, rendering all sorts of household items difficult to use. I spend inordinate amounts of time doing battle with recalcitrant inanimate objects, so I don’t think this is silly at all.

For DIY projects, a battery-powered dual-reciprocating pump is a deal at $10.