UroClub makes peeing on the golf course a private affair

uroclub.jpg

The “UroClub” looks like a 7 Iron, but is actually a device that lets you pee surreptitiously right on the fairway. Unscrew the cap, cover yourself with the attached towel, and send your urine streaming through the shaft onto the ground below to be emptied later. It’s sort of genius, especially since the only thing that makes golf worth playing is lots of beer.

Product Page [Uroclub.com via Gizmodo]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to UroClub makes peeing on the golf course a private affair

1. Tenn says:

Not after first use, hopefully.

2. ROSSINDETROIT says:

WaitWaitWait. This is a receptacle to be emptied later according to the product page:

It can be emptied at the nearest restroom or later on, when the golfer returns home. Capacity: Over half a liter, twice the volume commonly urinated.

I guess you’ll be carrying your own bag if you use this thing. No self respecting caddy on earth…

3. Tenn says:

Girls peeing upright?
    It’s more likely than you think!

I can write my name in the snow.

I don’t like golf, though. What about in-built toilets in the golf carts? Or… abandoning golf altogether might make the need to urinate during mind-bendingly dull hours long games vanish.

Interesting product, though.

4. Master Giraffe says:

haha, this is brilliant!

Thanks boingboing, I used this for an article on my website:

Cheers

Lol, mesrop your right, i’ve seen plenty of golfers peeing on the course at the local contry club, they just walk to the over-growth and relieve themselves, no need to say “Hey guys, i’m ganna go look for my ball, but i need to take my “club” with me”

cool!!:) you know, it could actually be usefule!

7. noen says:

Spaulding!

8. mesrop says:

I have no idea what the hell people are talking about… use a bush, it just looks like your looking for a ball. I don’t think there is a golfer alive that hasn’t taken a leak in a bush or behind a tree. I hate when people make things more complicated then it already is.

9. bytheby says:

Gives a whole new meaning to miniature golf, doesn’t it.

I wonder when the first person will be labeled a sex offender for being caught using one of these..

I don’t understand why golfers would find that more decorum is necessary on the golf course than in their own homes, where they freely piddle on everything and everybody. Fore!

12. Gary61 says:

Does this also work on goofy golf courses? I could empty it into the hippo’s mouth on hole #17 …. she looks thirsty.

13. Inverse Square says:

@ 1st poster: It’s a common misconception that women can’t pee standing up, and it’s a pretty oppressive one really. If they just lift the clitoral hood they can pee with as much accuracy as the next person.

Moot point though. Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.

14. mdhatter says:

The Scots also invented kilts.

15. Fnarf says:

Like hell they did. Kilts, as the word is understood today, were invented by the bloody Sassenachs to celebrate the visit of George the Something or other to Edinburgh in 172-something. Scottish kilts are sixteen yards of cloth.

Your clan didn’t have a tartan, either.

Sloshing comes to mind.

17. Gary61 says:

“there can be only one … putter.”

“Ummmm….just sayin…Fleshlight should get in on this action. For those days when the course is empty and a endorphin rush and a protein shake could really lower your 18 hole ‘score’.”

That one would have to be a wood…

19. Not a Doktor says:

ulgh, I think this would make a better flask

20. Torporous says:

@2 very nice

@10 0.5 liter capacity is not enough. But I guess the towel is there for wiping the hands in case of overflow….that stopping in mid stream thing though, that takes practice and can be a little uncomfortable. I do always feel special after filling a 1 liter bottle.

@12 Yes…yes…

Love the idea…nothing connects me to nature like marking some outside turf. Though to mark it I suppose you’d have to dump the contents…hmmm.

Only a half-liter capacity is pretty p*ss-poor. I’ve filled a 1-liter Nalgene before in a tent at altitude.

22. Cpt. Tim says:

golf is fun.

The only thing that should be solely done for the beer is beer itself.

If somethings not worth doing without beer. its not worth doing at all.

23. aarrgghh says:

the perfect accessory for beer-bingeing uroTrash!

24. BuildUupBuzzKill says:

has no one heard of public urination and the amazing sense of freedom it brings… find a damn bush or large oak tree. honestally what happens when that thing springs a leak in your bag, or you cant get out of the way of another golfers stray shot that comes hurtaling at your dome piece and you cant move cause your cuaght holding your…

It takes a good deal of practice to learn to pee accurately standing up. Females in many many cultures are not encouraged to acquire the skill.

Fortunately there are useful devices to assist. See the Wikipedia article on the topic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_urination_device

I’ve used a Freshette on a safari in Africa and found it tremendously convenient. I’d recommend it to anyone not comfortable with crouch toilets or faced with unpleasant or non-existent bathroom facilities.

- MetaGrrrl (commenting “anonymously” because I can’t be arsed to remember if I ever set up a BoingBoing account just to tell gals how to pee standing up)

26. Enochrewt says:

I had a good comment about firehoses and sippy cups, but it’d probably just get disemvowelled.

27. BuildUupBuzzKill says:

Hey Phil can i barrow your seven iro….ornever mind

28. BuildUupBuzzKill says:

this is a good idea for the golfer who has to urinate on the course but what about those of us who really have to well you know make a drop shot in the water hazard

29. tweaked says:

Seriously though, the mistaken notion of what this product is would be a much better product. (Get on the horn to the USPTO, BB!) What kind of moron wants to carry around a fake club full of piss? One could also easily just drill a hole in the bottom of this thing.

30. Mikey Likes BoingBoing says:

You all DO realize that this club, in Dick “Sh*tfaced Marksman” Cheney’s hands, will SOMEHOW result in Cheney’s pee somehow golden-showering his golfing mate…stupid is as stupid does…

31. mdhatter says:

Also, shouldn’t it be a one…. um… wood.

32. kfagan42 says:

This is off subject but I have to ask. Steve where did you get the info that the Saxon English pigs created the kilt? King George II only imposed the “Dress Act” in 1746. The kilt is much older than this. Originally it was 7 yards later grew to 9 yards as in “the whole 9 yards”. The Scots have worn the kilt since the 1500′s

And where is the womens version?

34. Inverse Square says:

Well I’m encouraging them. Cast off your shakles of masculine oppression and embrace the urinals! Too long have you been pushed below us, made unable to use your hard-evolved bipedality while urinating! It doesn’t take _that_ much practise and it’s well worth it.

36. mujadaddy says:

@#1: Back in the kitchen, duh.