Edo period-style Pac-Man fanart

pac_samurai.jpg

Pop-Monkey presents Pac Man in a style reminiscent of an 18th century print.

I loved the “ancient Pac-Man” concept so much, I was inspired to do another piece. This one is an attempt to merge my style with an old Japanese print style complete with faux-antique paper.

Love that kimono.

Pac Samurai [Pop Monkey Stuff via Kotaku]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Edo period-style Pac-Man fanart

1. ike says:

I feel certain that it’s appeared on boingboing somewhere before, but since I can’t seem to find it by searching, I must post this apropos link here:

2. Gloria says:

I love it. Looking into purchasing a print right now.

3. HeatherB says:

Now I would have this in the bedroom anytime. I love it!

4. stew says:

He’s traded in his cardboard tube for a real sword.

5. stratosfyr says:

That’s awesome. We do need some sort of 3D themed Pac Man game.

I’ll forever think of Pac Man as a guy in a motorcycle helmet.

It really reminds me of Samurai Jack from Cartoon Network.

7. holtt says:

Clever and beautiful!

8. bat21 says:

“Love that kimono.”

I think you meant hakama. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakama