An AT-AT gets tagged, becomes the $1,500 Suckadelic Graff-AT

d5095564l.jpg

Living in Berlin, the graffiti capital of the world, I do not wonder at the in-universe plausibility of this graffitied AT-AT toy — the Suckadelic Graff-At — currently being auctioned for $1,500 by Christie’s. Street artists can tag anything, up to and including a moving mech war elephant in a galaxy far, far away.

Suckadaelic Graff-At [Christie's]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to An AT-AT gets tagged, becomes the $1,500 Suckadelic Graff-AT

1. arkizzle says:

Agent, even at that – I’m putting forth this could have been done more authentically.
    I’m pretty well acquainted with graf styles, and this doesn’t do it in my opinion.

2. arkizzle says:

Honestly, I think this could have been done a lot better.

I know, I know, “why don’t you do one then?”, but really.. this could be done beautifully, and as it stands it’s only ok.

And when you add the price.. ouchy.

3. Enochrewt says:

LOL I thought “suckadelic” was your description.

4. Ari B. says:

I like that the tags appear to be in Aurabesh, the alphabet used in Star Wars.

5. Bucket says:

Holy overpriced toys, Batman. Further down the page they have an original Kenner Alien listed for $1500-2000.

I had no idea that Christie’s was essentially eBay for people with more money than sense.

6. Agent 86 says:

Maybe they were going more for authentic than for artistic?

Naah, not taggers, it’s urban cammoflage. What better way to be less visble on one of the hive planets?

8. Antinous says:

My experience has been that “people with more money than sense” is code for “people with more money than me”.

9. PFlint says:

Diorama with troopers shaking their heads while Rebel punks take off snickering (‘yo’) = funny.

Auction item opening at $1500 = not funny.