Doggie IQ test now available

smadog_lg.jpg

How smart is your dog? Give it an IQ test! Dr. Stanley Coren takes that popular mismeasure of man and slaps it onto the pooch psyche. It’s a £5 book that comes with one (1) gadget: a custom stopwatch!

With 12 carefully designed and researched tests you’ll learn how to determine the Canine Intelligence Quotient (CIQ) of your pet. Five of the tests cover problem solving, while the other seven deal with learning ability and memory. With a test book, score and result guide, and a stopwatch for timing the results, the Doggy IQ Test has everything you need to silence those detractors who keep telling you your dog’s stupid. The only thing to watch out for is the worrying possibility that your dog might end up with a higher IQ score than you do.

Product Page [I want one of those via Red Ferret]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Junk. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Doggie IQ test now available

1. Itsumishi says:

I think unless you’re under 13 your only excuse for IQ testing your dog is the small hope that you’ll find ‘someone’ with an IQ lower than yours.

2. Enochrewt says:

I want to see videos of someone administering this test.

3. stratosfyr says:

Coren mentioned one of these tests on his TV show a while ago. You put a towel over your dog’s head and see how long it takes them to get it off.

I immediately tried this with my dog. The first time, she took maybe 5 seconds to get it off. The second time, she batted it away before I even got it on her. The third time, she laid down and went to sleep with a towel on her head.

Results may vary.

4. Freddie Freelance says:

Oooh! Now I need to write a book called “Doganetics” to help people raise the IQs of their dogs!

5. Ryan Waddell says:

Me too! But one thing I know for sure is, my dog would fail. But not because he’s dumb – simply because he’s lazy. I can’t imagine any kind of test that would necessarily prove intelligence in a dog, as opposed to determination to get at treats (as that’s really the only thing that motivates the cute little buggers… along with belly scratches). My dog won’t fight a kong toy to get out the treat. He’ll sniff it, try for a minute, and give up. Now THAT is intelligence! He knows that I’ll just give him another treat later. :)

6. w000t says:

“put a towel over your dog’s head and see how long it takes them to get it off.”

LOL! My dog doesn’t mind that. I’ve done that several times and he doesn’t even try to get it off most of the time. I know he’s pretty smart, but put a towel over his head when he in’t distracted and he’ll probably just settle down to sleep.

Anyway, here’s a good set of tests similar to those I’ve seen before:

I’d bet the BBC’s tests are very similar to the book’s except free and no stopwatch.