Kanye West rant was hammered out on a MacBook Air

macbook-air-cuts.jpg

A venue cocked up his elaborate show, and he is not amused. That Air ain’t made for a beating, young man!

I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall… Why???? I understand if people don’t like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I’ve ever had in my life. This is the most offended I’ve ever been… this is the maddest I ever will be. I’m typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!

And then there’s more if you want to read it.

UNTITLED [Kanye West via Qt3]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Kanye West rant was hammered out on a MacBook Air

1. GorillaSushi says:

I’m typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air! Or maybe I’ll cut it with my new cordless Ryobi X-Treme Jigsaw and then douse it with a refreshing Diet Coke.

2. Rob Beschizza says:

“How does the fact that someone used a copmuter to type a rant make this a worthy of a “gadgets” blog entry?”

Because I decided that it did.

3. Enochrewt says:

#19: A performance sucks because of a lame audience? What, they’re not cool enough to listen to music? They don’t have enough “street cred”? What a dumb attitude to take to live entertainment.

The message in the J5 quote is apt. He should have gotten out there and interacted with them before it got ugly. Does he have no respect for his fans? Or at least his meal ticket if they weren’t there to see him?

The issue isn’t who’s “underground” or who “sold out” (Where’d you come up with that one?). The issue here is that Kanye West is a crybaby bitch, has been a crybaby bitch since he’s been famous, and always will be a crybaby bitch, as evidenced by his dumb blocks-of-all-capital-text rant.

4. John Brownlee says:

I love how grumpy, stoic and hard core rappers video personas are… especially when compared to the way they immediately burst into temper tantrums on their blogs over the smallest slight in hysterical tones that would shame the dignity of the average teenage girl’s LiveJournal.

5. Patrick Austin says:

My sister’s a violinist who does backup stuff for him when he’s touring within a few hundred miles of her. This pretty much reinforces everything she had to say about him.

6. SD says:

7. JessDataphile says:

I am starting to think Kanye may be a vampire.

8. shaggy35 says:

You missed the best line in the rant:

“I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT… ”

Now that is priceless.

9. 2wheels says:

Where is my Delete Kanye button? He is the most self important of all self important useless people, or at least is running for the job.

10. Jake0748 says:

Kanye West is not relevant.

11. HeavyG says:

Kanye epitomises the arrogant, overhyped, modestly talented, entertainment diva that makes up much of the culture.

And he’s a crybaby.

12. Johnny Hundo says:

My good buddy was at that concert. I didn’t just read the rant, and I haven’t read any reports about what happened.

From my buddy – all the concert goers were under the impression that Kanye was not going on because he wouldn’t play while there was any other music going on at the concert. This being a festival – he waited … and waited and waited… until 3 in the morning when he finally came on stage. This after everyone has already been up since 6 in the morning because they are out camping the the filth of backwoods Tennessee. They were f’n tired and cranky. It would have taken jesus m’f’n christ to come down and hand out eight balls for the crowd to be happy, alert and enthusiastic.

So the crowd boo’d until 7 in the morning. And I think everyone that was there pretty much hates Kanye now. On top of the people that already did.

13. Xeni Jardin says:

Wow, what a great read that was. It made Mr. West seem a lot more human to me, and I can understand why he was frustrated.

Only it hurt my eyes because it was white font on black page background in ALL CAPS WITH A LOT!! OF!! EXTRA!! 1PUNCTUATION AN TYPOS%%!!!

This was my favorite part:

[ I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! ]

hah! lulz.

14. Secret_Life_of_Plants says:

I think Kanye West is a perfectionist about his show and he cannot handle it when he has to deal with people that just don’t care about getting things right. Maybe that’s not healthy and he should learn to chill out, but I think he works really hard to bring his vision to the fans and when someone gets in the way of providing that set-vision he can’t improvise.

That doesn’t mean he’s not an entertainer – he’s just the type of entertainer who needs to surround himself with competent people. Evidently this didn’t happen at Bonaroo or wherever.

I actually like the guy.

15. Enochrewt says:

I scanned that rant, and what a bitch. If he’s that upset about people not liking him because he’s real late performing, step out onto the stage, explain the situation, freestyle a bit maybe and make do. Maybe joke around with the crowd, or do something Be a preformer Instead all he can do is cry about it. Do you think he was in there putting light show up himself? No he was sitting in the green room with a bottle of Evian and his bag of M&M’s that had an intern go through and pick all the blue ones out feeling sorry for himself.

This quote from Jurassic 5 sums it up:

You see a rapper is a kid that brags and acts big,
    A rhymer is a nigga that can handle his biz
    Yo, A rapper is a kid that’s tryin’ to be the shit
    An entertainer ain’t tryin’ cause he already is

(Lyrics are from before NAACP edict, don’t blame me.)

16. prion says:

This may be further evidence that most people are doing the best they can at any given moment.

I think any time you can resist being over-critical of someone else it’s a triumph. Even if you paid for a ticket to see them.

Oh, that and I’ve performed live a bunch and I know a bit where he’s coming from.

17. snouty says:

WHen they say punch the air, that’s NOT what they are talking about BRO.

Px

18. Bonnie says:

This makes me wish Kanye West was on Twitter in the worst way.

19. RoboD says:

Hate! Kanye’s the man. Those big mainstream live performances usually suck anyway. Mostly because of the audience, both size and overall lameness. And Jesus, self-righteous Jurassic 5 lyrics…straight from the underground and a MasterCard commercial.

20. samu says:

The stageshow cuts his payday in half? I hope he doesn’t break more than a few dozen Airs a day, then, or he’ll be left penniless.

21. ps says:

this was pretty hilarious, but totally stupid.

22. Sirmittenz says:

to think, some people are happy with the stage that is provided to them

23. nnguyen says:

While he has legitimate reasons for the rant, Kanye really needs to show the patience and restraints that comes with being in the public eye. This is the guy who bitched about not winning a grammy. I mean, how arrogant can you be?

24. Nanners says:

@Bonnie: Brilliant! I can very sincerely say that my life would be measurably improved by small doses of Kanye throughout the day. Device updates _would_ be ON! This is a man who plays Connect Four with Beyoncé, ffs.

25. bjacques says:

Except for the unfortunate part about the MacBook Air that was a great rant. It sounds like the festival people really screwed him over. If he were a real diva he would have cancelled at the first sign of trouble, contract be damned.

If he gives into the hate, the power of the Dark Side, he has the potential to become a legend like this fellow:

FOr the last goddam time, won’t somebody use their fuckin’ brains, and not come out with an uptempo song after I had to talk about somebody’s fucking dog dying!?

A little dog named Snuggles…

26. dalziel_86 says:

Kanye West is the anti-Niggy Tardust.

27. gobo says:

From reading reports of the incident at Bonnaroo, it’s pretty clear to me that the culprit isn’t Kanye, but the festival organizers… partially for the screwups that he rants about here, but mostly for keeping the festival crowd utterly in the dark about the situation. Without updates or clear info, the crowd had to assume Kanye was being a diva.