Book: ‘LEGO for Adults’ full of brick-shooting weapons

legoforadults.jpg

We received this pitch and could not resist passing it on:

My name is Martin Hüdepohl, I am a 27 years old designer from germany, and I would like to introduce you to my just-released book “LEGO for ADULTS”.

It’s the first construction manual for real fun-to-shoot Lego weapons.

It also introduces a completely new type of small arms: the slide-action magazine-fed crossbow pistol!

I have only one from-the-hip criticism: why can’t eye-shattering LEGO crossbow pistols also be for children? (Simply include another section, “Making your own LEGO eyepatch”.)

Catalog Page [Amazon]

This entry was posted in weapons. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Book: ‘LEGO for Adults’ full of brick-shooting weapons

1. technogeek says:

Yawn. Turning everything into a weapon strikes me as more childish than adult. If he was building things which were actually useful, or which otherwise went beyond what kids are likely to figure out how to do with lego, I might grant the title.

I don’t even want to think about lego vibrators.

2. kaiza says:

you can read a review of Forbidden Lego here:

3. eustace says:

Yawn? YAWN?!? Joel – clearly you have not glimpsed the potential for cubical warfare based, not on predetermined Nerf weapon configurations, but the near infinite possibilities that imagination combined with Lego can produce. Evolutionary weapons, that mutate, survive, reproduce (via their hosts). Yawn indeed.

4. Hyoscine says:

@ Technogeek

Lego’s a toy, yeah? It’s not really about being useful. Also, I really think this is a bit beyond what most kids or lay adults could muster without instructions.

I own both books, “Forbidden Lego” and “Lego for Adults”.
    “Forbidden Lego” is a paperback book with 5 construction plans for different models (one weapon);
    “Lego for Adults” is a small magazine with construction plans for two weapons.
    Both books are great.

The “High Velocity Lego Plate Dispenser” from Forbidden Lego is fully automatic (2-3 shots/second), but has a range of only 1,5 meters and delivers no considerable amount of kinetic energy – you can’t even shoot away a tin can.

The “Thriller Automatic” from “Lego for Adults” is a kind of bolt-action catapult that is accurate within a range of maybe 5 meters. It can do really serious damage to your room interieur.

“Lego for Adults” homepage: http://www.xubor.com

6. shMerker says:

“It’s like as soon as they grow up adults forget what’s cool.” -Calvin

I’ve got a simple design for a lego gun that I’ve used since I was a kid. You take two two-by-four bricks and attach them together so that one is halfway across the other, like the “S” block in Tetris. To fire it you hold end in your forefinger and the other in your thumb and squeeze. It has startling range and accuracy and can be assembled in seconds. As an added bonus, each spent “gun” is half of another gun.

7. arkizzle says:

Eustace, Joel wasn’t actually saying “Lego == Yawn”, he was denying technohead’s buzzkill with “does not compute”.

Hyoscine, exactly right on both counts.

Technogeek, the engineering and mechanics involved in the piece illustrated above are incredibly clever. Mad props for what Martin has achieved here.

8. eustace says:

Sorry Joel, Arkizzle’s right, re-read posts.

For the record, not the first book about this particular technofetish:

9. arkizzle says:

Eustace, nice link!

Fully automatic baby!

10. Xubor says:

Lego vibrators? To be honest: self-built Lego vibrators were my first sexual experience. Good idea for my next book!

11. bmjames says:

Is anyone else desperately wanting to combine an automatic Lego gun, Lego vibrator and some Lego Mindstorms programming to create a sentient, lethal sex-bot?

Just me?

Oh well. *builds*

LOL (to some of the previous comments, more specifically, the “yawn” ones)

I’m only a kid, and i have so far built 3 working lego guns, and have designed 7. I don’t think it’s very hard to get how to build a lego gun at all. It takes all of five minutes to modify the 772 into something far better. More recently I have designed a lego machine gun the should fire 24 shot consecutively before running out of ammo and rubber bands. It uses at least 500 pieces and has a retractable stock, and uses about 30 rubber bands to operate. If I, a kid, can design something so complex, then why can’t you follow instructions?

13. cha0tic says:

Hmm. Copy the mechanism, work out how to make it with a RepRap, use more powerful rubber bands. Maybe use spent AA or AAA batteries as ammo. Nice.

14. byronba says: