The Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker, or “how to market a bucket to dog-lovers”

icetreatmaker344385.jpg

While fulfilling Joel’s wish that more pictures of cute dogs using tech hit the Boing Boing Gadgets front page, the Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker isn’t really much of a gadget. The marketing copy says:

Now there’s a clever way to keep your dog happily occupied outside – just use the Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker to freeze Fido’s favorite play toys and dog treats in a block of ice; he’ll be licking it throughout the day, just to get to the dog treats!

Eventually, though, they’re forced to admit that what they are really selling is a giant bucket for $29.99, which is still a bit expensive for even a cleverly marketed bucket. Still, I like the idea: Fido licking away at a huge chunk of ice on the lawn all day, slowly eroding its cool, crystalline facade with his tongue to gradually reveal the treats within — a squeezable rubber pig, a cherished stick, some horse offal, three stillborn kittens, a human femur, a giant dried-up turd. You can just toss any old crap in there: dogs are filthy, they’ll love it. Can’t wait to see some of the user recipes.

Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker [Improvements Catalog via Book of Joe]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker, or “how to market a bucket to dog-lovers”

1. historyman68 says:

“I’ve seen this before, and I still can’t help but think it’s a little cruel. Imagine if someone froze your iPhone, Macbook, girlfriend, and carkeys in a block of ice and made you lick them out.”

Rule 34?

2. Nawel says:

LOL at that. But I guess it’s true.

I thought it was going to be filled with dog candy or biscuits.

3. roryrhorerton says:

You’re all missing the most impressive part: the company has obviously mastered the emerging anti-gravity pie tin market.

5. ESQ says:

Currently live in Phoenix, the only way to keep the dog’s water drinkable all day is to drop a giant block of ice in her water bowl.

We use old CD/DVD 100 piece package bundle covers to make the ice in , as they are tall, cylindrical, and are plentiful….

6. Enochrewt says:

I haz an ise bukkit!

7. KurtMac says:

My girlfriend’s dog would love it if you filled that thing up with goose poop. Apparently, it is some sort of delicacy for him.

8. mdhatter says:

I want to be offended by your suggestions, but I’ve seen where my dog puts his mouth.