Glass rayguns by Jeff Burnette

joeblowrayguns.jpg

Jeff Burnette has been blowing glass for thirty years, including these awesome glass rayguns. I suspect many glass blowers get frustrated when people make cracks about their artwork being used as drug delivery tools, but really: these should be pipes for smoking spacey drugs.

No pricing information is provided on Jeff’s site but I’m sure he’d be happy to give you a quote if you contact him directly.

Project page [JoeBlowGlassworks.com]

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Glass rayguns by Jeff Burnette

1. strider_mt2k says:

I wouldn’t want to have to clean ‘em. I know that.

They are extremely beautiful.
    The colors are brilliant.

Naaa, let’s completely ruin some more mundane glass.

2. Downpressor says:

I have an ex-uncle who was a glass blower who made similar stuff back in the 80s.

3. fonda glass says:

Jeff’s ray gunz are exquisite works of art, not made to get high on, except perhaps high on their beauty.
    I know they are for sale at $600 per piece, the larger ones from $1200 to $3000 which is smoking deal. You can email him at jeff@joeblowglassworks.com.

4. evil ken says:

as far as i know (disclaimer) Jeff’s ray guns are not “hollow”. my friend owns one, and i’ve been to an opening at his studio(a couple of years back) and there were no “smoking guns” just a really giant glass kiln.

5. Freddie Freelance says:

OooOooOooh! I think I just came a little in my pants!

6. Castellan says:

There’s something karmically … off … about smoking from a ray gun, Joel. For me, the (strong!) appeal is wearing 70′s polyester and practicing my QuickDraw McKirk.