Glitching Speak & Spell without cracking it open

“I’m gonna show you how to make a Speak & Spell glitch without circuit bending. … so you can record it going nuts.”

The surreal part is that it’s a British Speak and Spell, completely baffling even to the British.

Video [Stenophonic via MatrixSynth and Make]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Glitching Speak & Spell without cracking it open

1. Nollie says:

#4 – I had the math one too! I wish i could remember what it was called. I totally remember the weird divide key sound, my sister and i could never figure out what it was saying. It’s a sort of vague sound in my memory too – something like: robot sound, robot sound – “little lens”?? Is that it, damn i can’t remember, this is going to drive me nuts all day…

2. Knife Knut says:

It is channeling R2-D2!

3. KongK says:

He sounds like Bright Eyes…

4. Waterlilygirl says:

And the point to all of this is… what?

5. Not a Doktor says:

I remember we had some type of speak & spell (it had a tan case), but when you hit the divide key for math it said something in a hilarious way. I’m kinda sad now because visually the memory is very vivid, but I can’t remember the audio.

Also we didn’t play with it much because it was pretty damn loud and mom would get irritated (and I found the noise grating).

6. Nollie says:

I found the math one…aaaahhh nostalgia is so sweet!

7. Mike says:

#3 – check out the modified toy orchestra ( http://www.myspace.com/toyorch ). Might not be your bag musically, but every sound they make comes from (erm) modified toys…..

They ruled when I saw them live a couple of years ago

8. Chris Brewer says:

“This is Donny, and you suck at Speak & Spell”

9. rosyatrandom says:

He gets to the point fast.