Game profits, the bottom line

amusementtoday.jpg

This image, sourced from more complete figures you can find at Kotaku, amuses and astonishes in equal measure. It refers to publishing only.

I can only imagine the scene at Nintendo whenever they hear its competitors or some analyst declare it the inevitable loser of the console war based on some contrived prognostication or trend: a moment of silence, followed by shrieks of uncontrollable laughter.

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in nintendo. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Game profits, the bottom line

1. randalll says:

Precious hamburgers?

2. agraham999 says:

Can I just say thank you for using the word ambergris? You just don’t hear it enough in daily conversation. I’m going to go bathe in it right now.

3. mightymouse1584 says:

“Then they go back to snorting gold dust through ivory straws, provided by alien slaves clad in ambergris-infused seal fur thongs.”

lol, wow.

4. a_midgett says:

Saffron.

5. Davin says:

The “it prints money” image would be appropriate here.

6. gabrielm says:

You heard Roseanne. Scrape off the priceless ambergris and I’ll let you go.

7. Rob Beschizza says:

When I’m nuzzling it on the seal-fur thong of an alien slave next time I’m at Nintendo HQ, she can pronounce it any way she pleases.

8. ssaargent says:

Better do what he says, he’s a whale biologist.

9. shutz says:

I was going to reignite the ages-old debate on the pronunciation of the word “ambergris” (is it pronouced “amber-griss” or “amber-gree”?) but according to Answers.com, both pronunciations are accepted (although clicking the little speaker icon to hear it only plays the “-griss” varian.)

Well, since I’m from Montréal, Québec, and I speak French more than 50% of the time, I’m going to cast my vote for the French pronunciation: “amber-gree”.

It sounds more… mysterious and classy, all at the same time. More… pretentious, too… And it’s kind of a “luxury” substance, in some ways, so that a more exotic-sounding word works better.

So, who’s with me?