Skullcandy Pipe iPod / iPhone dock looks like a femur

n205141_brow.jpg

I’ve never really tried Skullcandy’s sepulchral range of ear buds, mostly because of some uneducated assumptions that they must sound like crap if they look so neat for such a cheap price. The Skullcandy Pipe iPod / iPhone dock generates a similar reaction: sure, it would be neat to have an iPod dock in the kitchen that looked exactly like a sawn-off, patina-stained human femur — especially with a dab of red nail polish or three — but how great can it really sound for $90? The probable answer makes me feel like a joy-kill curmudgeon: “Acceptable for the price.”

Skullcandy Pipe Custom iPod Speaker Dock [Buy via Geeksugar]

This entry was posted in apple and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Skullcandy Pipe iPod / iPhone dock looks like a femur

Mr. Skeleton, they have a lifetime warranty. If they konked out, send them back for your new pair. I’m a huge fan of Skull Candy. Have the noise cancelling phones and the in-ear for my iPhone.

These headphones are kul to plug into our ipod and use as well as mp3s rite?
    First pair so hopin they’ll be good.

3. Ryan Waddell says:

It looks a lot more like a log of wood to me, as opposed to a femur… but to each their own, I guess. :)

I have (well had as my boyfriend’s cats got to them) a pair of skull candy ear buds and they are by far the best ear buds I’ve ever used (though they don’t always fit fantastically). They really do bass well.

5. w000t says:

I got a pair of Skullcandy Ink’d – Smokin’ Buds recently just to try a pair of the in-ear phones. I have to say they sound pretty good. Not great, but still good enough to be a pleasant surprise for $15.

6. monstrinho_do_biscoito says:

i have skull candy headphones and say that they sound ok, not amazing, but pretty good.

they have a crappy bassboost thing attached to the wires, the size of most MP3 players which is a pain, but other than that they are well made and sound good.

7. mr.skeleton says:

I’ll reiterate, based on some Skullcandy ear buds I had: acceptable for the price. They conked out after 4 or 5 months of use, though.