Tesla coil guitar amp

It may not sound that great, but I’m a big fan of any technology that allows arcs of electricity to shoot between the amplifier and the guitar during a bitching Metallica solo.

[via DVICE]

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments, guitar and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Tesla coil guitar amp

1. License Farm says:

Ride tha muthafuckin’ LIGHTNING!

2. Gary61 says:

He’s chicken – why didn’t he move CLOSER??? I abso-f*ckin-lutely LOVE the smell of fried guitarist in the morning ….

3. Vinylsaurus says:

You guys are aware Jack White shows off a Tesla coil in COFFEE AND CIGARETTES? (he doesn’t play guitar next to it though).

Sounds more like Ministry than Metalica. And I’m still waiting for someone to wire one up to a vocoder, so we can have talking Tesla coils. Steven Hawking would definitely need to upgrade to some sort of lightning throwing monster robot body at that point.

5. Gary61 says:

I say let’s get Jack White and Jack Black to compete in ‘Celebrity Air Guitar’, we can sell the idea to Fox and make MILLIONS …. millions, I tell ya …..

and I bet Jack Black wins.
    Or maybe Jack Gray will win.

6. DeuceMojo says:

Gary61: Agreed, especially if it’s Jack White.

7. Gary61 says:

Jack White ‘plays’ guitar? Is that what the kids are calling it now?
    (and his sister, what’s-her-name, ‘Off White’??)

I know Jack Black plays guitar ….

Or you can have the Tesla coil BE the instrument:

Or you can have the Tesla coil BE the instrument:

Oops, just watched the video…same thing, different controller I guess. Still pretty rad.