Test Card TV Cosy

il_fullxfull.35147447.jpg

An anonymous commenter draws our attention to this beautiful television cosy, yours for $25 at Sally England Design.

This is a really fun way to cover up your television when you are not watching it. Sometimes they say that the t.v puts off energy when it is not on that can effect otherwise good feng-shui. This design mimics those ‘test of the emergency broadcast system’ colorful bars that I was always amazed with growing up. It is made of felt and measures 21 1/4 wide x 14 1/2 long. It fits over your television, and I can make a custom one for you (extra cost) if your television is not as tiny as ours

Ben Kruisdijk also unearthed similarly fantastical works from Dutch artist Conny Kuilboer:

beeeeeeeeeeee.jpg

Product Page [Etsy]

Previously: Power On Self Test Card

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Test Card TV Cosy

1. themindfantastic says:

I wonder if someone will ever make some of the B&W test patterns… I always thought those were cooler from an art standpoint.

This brought a smile to my face. Analogue nostalgia meets hard-edged new tech.

3. strider_mt2k says:

I’d like to second the B&W test pattern love.

Modern ones are so sterile by comparison.

Personally, as cool as the design is (I think a duvet cover or comforter in this design would be pretty snazzy), I don’t really like this urge some people have to cover up or hide technology.
    This isn’t quite the same thing, but I hate shoving my TV in a cabinet, my computer in an armoire.
    I long for the halcyon days of Art Deco, when my television or stereo speakers were furniture, and just as important a piece of my living room decor as the couch, end tables, and China hutch.

5. Noelegy says:

I have a crochet book called “The Happy Hooker” (really!) and there’s an afghan in it that is constructed of monochromatic squares that make up the television test pattern.

Cute, but it’s missing the pluge bars (maybe she forgot to properly calibrate the black levels of her felt?).

7. erratic says:

The most boingy thing in all of boingboindom has now been achieved. you can all unplug yourself from technology forever and go frolic in the woods now.

8. madsci says:

I could actually use one of these, and for a more practical purpose. My 22″ flat screen monitor is great, but after it’s been in use for an hour or two and is fully warmed up, it’ll take more than an hour to cool back down again – during which time it makes loud snapping noises as the plastic contracts. Makes it hard to sleep in the same room. I currently have a folded blanket that I drape over it that dampens the noise pretty well, but this would be much cooler.

9. Infinite Decay says:

I like. Reminds me a bit of the end of the new Mac commercial. (Off The Air)

10. Philbert says:

Personally, I like the deer in the picture better. But then I have a thing with deer. (I live next to a deer camp).