BBG: the official blank desktop

hamstervalediction.jpg

In honor of Microsoft’s latest update to Windows Genuine Validation, which removes the desktop wallpaper of hacked or illegal copies of Windows and replaces it with an ever-fashionable black background and a warning, BBG presents its official desktop wallpaper for Friday, August 29.

hamstervalediction2.jpg

Use in close proximity to the Large Hadron Collider at one’s own risk – and that of the known universe.

This 1600×1200 image is also available at 1024×768 and 1920×1200

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to BBG: the official blank desktop

1. A New Challenger says:

Oh dear, none of those fit my resolution. I hope the image doesn’t get too distorted when I set it on stretch.

2. strider_mt2k says:

I usually run a black desktop, and performance level settings but that’s because my computers are comparatively resource challenged.

I might have to add this warning though. :)

3. mdhatter says:

This is why I read.

4. strider_mt2k says:

(The desktop in black)

I run the black ’cause my computer’s fairly old
    for the resource warnings that I’m occasionally told

I run it for the little bit of gaming that I do
    If you had my machine you’d do it too

Oh I’d love to have a rainbow on my screen
    and know for sure my programs running clean

but last-dot-FM’s running playing something from The Knack
    ’till I have a new computer,
    my desktop’s in black

’till the new computer,
    my desktop’s in black

My desktop is black and my machine is relatively new.. I just got tired of the distraction of a photo or whatever on the inactive portions of the screens.

6. Xeni Jardin says: