Video: Cosmovox for iPhone, accelerometer-controlled musical instrument

Product Page [Leisuresonic.com]

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Video: Cosmovox for iPhone, accelerometer-controlled musical instrument

1. tickletaboo says:

I spent my $1.99 and came back to say that I kinda like it. I like it a lot better than Thereminator — everytime I lift my finger Thereminator clicks. Cosmovox has nice sound IMO, but I would love to try another theremin app (besides) Thereminator and Cosmovox.. Perhaps Anonymous could share it’s name?

2. matt_w says:

so its a digital theremin minus the fun of actually playing the theremin…

3. Joel Johnson says:

Pretty much!

4. teamshadowboat says:

I think it sounds great.

If I could afford an iPhone and knew of more silly music apps like this, I might buy an iPhone.

Just a question from a non-techie guy. The practical application for this app is …. what?

6. caipirina says:

get better … looks like a nasty flu !

7. Skwid says:

That does look like fun. I’m not sure if it’s $2 worth of fun, though.

Meanwhile, you look like you’re several dollars worth of fun in the hole, there, friend. Get well soon!

8. waffletower says:

Here is a link to someone who thought he was making music with Cosmovox while playing with it:

9. tickletaboo says:

Hmmmm…. I watched Joel’s video and I wasn’t impressed. But I watched the video that that waffletower linked and I WAS impressed. Maybe Joel should give it another go after a good night’s sleep? :)

Cool idea, but the sound is really awful! There are a couple theremin apps out there that have way better sound