Kraftwek goes iPhone with a little help from the Korg DS-10 and a stylophone

A fantastic chiptune cover of Kraftwerk’s Pocket Calculator using an iPhone, Korg DS-10 and Stylophone. I love it: I can hear it in my fillings.

Stylophone with KORG DS-10 + iPhone App [YouTube via MAKE via Matrixsynth]

This entry was posted in apple, nintendo and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Kraftwek goes iPhone with a little help from the Korg DS-10 and a stylophone

1. Alys says:

I don’t know what it is, but one of my cats always comes running when she hears the stylophone (mine, or this video). No idea why.

Love the song though. Now if only I had an iPhone and a DS…

2. Jake0748 says:

Sleighboy, I looked at your link to the Girl from Ipanema… totally boss. :)

3. Stevezilla says:

Er… “Kraftwek”?

By pressing down special key – I play simple melody.. (Merlin sound)

4. hohum says:

If only he’d worked a SID in there somehow, I’d have had multiple chipgasms.

5. strider_mt2k says:

Very nice!

I loved Autobahn, but their other stuff is great too.
    Lots of folks blow it off for being “techno” but Kraftwerk is great to listen to.

6. LSK says:

I had a Greasemonkey script enabled that turned all periods into “in bed.” and I read the following:

“Lots of folks blow it off for being “techno” but Kraftwerk is great to listen to in bed.”

“By pressing down special key – I play simple melody in bed.”

7. strider_mt2k says:

Sorry!
    I meant to add that this is a very clever interpretation!

8. SleighBoy says:

A different user does a DS-10 + Stylophone version of The Girl From Ipanema, also hot.

It’ll probably show up in the suggested box, but I’ll just suggest it here.