Iomega eGo hard drive for the MacBook Air

Iomega_eGo_Helium_PHD_-_enviro_shot_-_09_2008.jpeg.jpg

Iomega’s latest eGo external USB hard drive markets itself to MacBook Air owners with 320GB in an anodized aluminum chassis less than an inch thick. For $149.99, though, it doesn’t look like a bad choice for any laptop owner looking for svelte, attractive, easily lugged storage.

Iomega eGo Portable Hard Drive Matches With Your MacBook Air [Gizmodo]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Iomega eGo hard drive for the MacBook Air

Danilo, exactly. I wouldn’t touch an iOmega product with a ten foot pole. Unless it was sharp on the end. My ruined $250 ZIP drive netted me $25 in a settlement; $25 off a new iOmega product, that is. RIGHT! Like I’m going to buy anything more from them, ever.

Damn, that thing is thick. About twice the thickness of the noname chinese USB HDD I’ve carried in my laptop bag for years. It’s wider, too.

But it’s tapered out to the edges just like an Apple product, which makes it astonishingly, unbelievably thin as long as you are a Macbook fanboi.

3. dssstrkl says:

I love how the USB cable disappears around the back, even though the one and only port on the MBA is on the pictured side!

4. danilo says:

Iomega’s current storage business puzzles me. Why try to sell mostly forgettable hard drive enclosures using a brand so closely associated with the gravest data loss travesties of the personal computer age?

Such an appropriate name for something marketed to Macbook Air owners, eGo…

6. Latente says:

no integrated usb hub? fail

7. Enochrewt says:

Cripes, it’s always a little shocking to see the price of external hard drives. I bought a 300GB one two years ago, and it’s the size of a lunch box and was twice as expensive.