Light Bot: LEGO Mindstorms-like flash game for programming

Lightbot.jpg

Light Bot is a fantastic flash game in which you must program a robot to go from one side of a maze to another. I am embarrassingly ignorant of even the fundamentals of programming, so my first reaction was to take a little angry nap when confronted with nonsense terminology like “Main Method” and “Func. 1.” However, I persisted, and by the time I’d gotten to the end of level 1, I was emitting squees of delight and firing off CVs for programming jobs consisting only of a screenshot of my score. This is a great little game.

Light Bot [Official Site via Monkey Bites]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Light Bot: LEGO Mindstorms-like flash game for programming

1. electric-durian says:

What a great concept:)

Actually, this would be great for learning any language! (guide something’s movements by typing in script in the desired language, with increasing difficulty)

2. Jay Adan says:

If you liked that (I also thought it was kind of cool) then you may also like RoboRally. It’s a board game where you program bots with a hand of cards. Each of the bots is trying to be the first to tag a number of flags (or die trying). It bears many similarities to Light Bot, but it’s competitive and you have to deal with the fact that the other bots can affect your final move.

There’s an online version too – http://www.gametableonline.com/gameinfo.php?gid=25

3. airship says:

Chipwits. Commodore 64. ‘Nuff said.

4. Cory (a different one) says:

I’m having a heck of a time with 11.

5. hohum says:

Needs a tracing debug mode…

That’s not actually the official site. The game seems to originate from here.

It’s still a lump o’ fun, regardless.

7. mujadaddy says:

193 total commands.

Level 10, and to a lesser extent 11 & 12, was tricky.

SPOILER: My solutions to those 3 levels.