Broseley’s contemporary wood-burning stoves

broseley-stoves.jpg

Broseley Fires makes a variety of modern wood- and gas-burning stoves including these above examples which I find lovely and terrifying all at once. Something about seeing a primal force in such a fancy, soon-to-be-dated thing puts me ill at ease.

Relatedly, fire is hot and I like it. And the big, round brass-finished one looks like it was crafted from the scavenged button of a ice giant’s waistcoat.

Contemporary Stove Range [BroseleyFires.com via Appliancist]

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Broseley’s contemporary wood-burning stoves

Google “fireorb hanging stove”.

I was gonna say “google rocket stove” so you could see the incredible steel and brass fireplace shaped like a rocketship that hangs by from chains from the ceiling that some British smiths made, but the semantic web has eaten it.

–Charlie

2. chimera says:

Hmm. I live near a Broseley, turns out they’re based right on my doorstep in Shrewsbury. How cool!

3. Duffong says:

They all look like they’ve had a flat panel tv installed showing fire video.

I like the very left one.

4. Jake0748 says:

Duffong, exactly what I was going to say about the flat-panel tv, especially the center one.

marshmallow’s yeeeessssss marshmallow’s

6. Not a Doktor says:

Still the best way on getting rid of incriminating evidence.

7. michaelportent says:

It actually burns outdated flat-panel TVs. Sleek design, environmentally friendly! ;-)

8. randalll says:

wow, the one on the right has impressively vertical flames. what are the odds of replicating that at home?