We give thanks for this LEGO turkey

lego_turkey.jpg

Just in time for Thanksgiving, the beautiful new LEGO Castle “Medieval Market Village” (10193) comes what I believe is the very first LEGO turkey. A swooping, delicious neck is confirmed by the picture — but you make have to craft your own giblets.

10193 Medieval Market Village to be released in 2009 [Exclusive] [Brothers-Brick.com]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to We give thanks for this LEGO turkey

1. Downpressor says:

followed by 10194, the LEGO Shtetl. They can re-use the turkey as the shabbos chicken. In all seriousness though, if LEGO licensed Fiddler, I’d definitely buy the entire Anatefka line.

2. OM says:

…It’s sets like this that have me wondering why Sparky Shultz never authorized a Peanuts LEGO set series. A Charlie Brown Chrisnukkah and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown scream for LEGO sets! I can see it now: Minifig Charlie Brown runs up to kick football, minifig leg breaks on football, Lucy comments about amazing it is that it’s not just the flat plates that get stuck and are hard to remove!

#3+4 So the set is mistitled. It should be called “Renfarb market village.”

4. KurtMac says:

@ALAN: I remember when I got the Black Seas Barracuda back in 1989, the pirate wench woman had some definite boobery going on. I’m not sure you could call it cleavage, but it certainly caught the attention of this, at the time, 9 year old boy. Tee hee hee!

5. midknyte says:

That neck looks the right size for other LEGO mini-fig heads to fit onto ;)

6. DeWynken says:

LEGO is fooling no one..that is obviously Sarah Palin.

7. pauldrye says:

Hrm. Turkeys are native to North America, so unlikely in a European medieval market. Assuming it isn’t an anachronism (accidental or deliberate), it’s a goose.

8. pauldrye says:

And RTFA, I see LEGO calls it a turkey. So accidentaly anachronism it is.

9. KurtMac says:

HA! The legs are removable and fit in the minifigs’ hands. http://www.brothers-brick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/10193_009.jpg

Also, when did the minifig’s start having different emotions? The woman 2nd to the left looks like shes having a panic attack, and the guy sitting down with the “turkey” leg seems sad.

10. Alan says:

I think this is also the first time minifigs have cleavage, outside of the Princess Leia as Jabba Slave minifig.

11. Clay says:

On a related note: Whoa, the System is up to five digits now?

i have a friend who is a Lego fanatic/collector, and if you check any of the online trading/sale sites it appears the Lego turkey was last issued with a set in 1999. i don’t recall which set it was, but by an odd bit of synchronicity my friend was telling me about the turkey earlier this evening and showed me how the old turkey was selling for about $30 at the auction sites.