Citroen SUV concept has rainbow upholstery

hypnos.jpg

Citroen’s Hypnos luxury concept car has suicide doors, an “aggressive stance,” and gaily-colored upholstery. Inventorspot claims it will “Challenge Your Mind,” but to be honest, I think your wardrobe in going to have a tougher battle.

Hypnos2.img_assist_custom.jpg

The Citroen Hypnos Will Challenge Your Mind [Inventor Spot via Ubergizmo]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Citroen SUV concept has rainbow upholstery

1. Not a Doktor says:

RAVEMOBILE

2. apprentice says:

These seats are anti-snuggling! Down with this sort of thing!

3. Joel Johnson says:

Aw, Rob. I love it!

4. Abbey says:

I’m so conflicted about this. It’s just so pretty, but like Apprentice says, the seats are not conducive to making out and I’m usually pretty against things that are anti-make outs.

Jake, I believe the second picture is the artist’s impressionist take on an overhead view of the seats.

Apprentice, Abbey:

Stick shifts and safety belts
    Bucket seats have all got to go
    When I’m riding in the car
    They make my baby seem so far

I need you here with me
    Not way over in a bucket seat
    I need you to be here with me
    Not way over in a bucket seat

But when we driving in my Malibu
    It’s easy to get right next to you
    I say “Baby, scoot over please”
    And then she’s right there next to me

(Credit: Cake, Stick Shifts and Safety Belts!)

6. umgrego2 says:

beautiful car

What makes this an SUV? I realize that the article linked to refers to it as an SUV, but all other articles I can find refer to it as a crossover. Am I splitting hairs? I don’t think so; there’s no room for storage and I can’t imagine anyone taking this thing off-road.

I was really excited by the overhead shot of the interior because it looked like the front passenger could face backwards. This would be so awesome for entertaining your toddler on longer road trips. Alas, other photos make it evident that this is not the case. In fact, I can’t imagine putting a baby/booster seat in those buckets at all.

beautiful

7. Abby says:

Not to nitpick, but I’m with Jake on this one – “gaily upholstery?” Gay upholstery would’ve been too inflammatory? I prefer “gaily offbeat upholstery,” myself.

I’m not convinced the concept’s overhead view of the seats is a good idea. Beautiful, graphically-pleasing, but not good for any number of reasons. First, we’ve all had long drives that include a nap or two in the back seat, and if you tried that in this car you’d wake up crumpled in a really awkward position. Second, even holding hands looks like it would be uncomfortable. Third, what about those drivers that like to turn their heads and look at the passenger occasionally when they’re talking? The driver would be turning his head more to see the passenger, making peripheral vision less useful.
    As a bonus, though, it does force the safer drivers to be less distracted by the passenger.

8. hohum says:

Pretty! But as backseats are my preferred baby creation location, I don’t think I could put up with any of my friends owning one.

9. Jake0748 says:

What in the world is gaily upholstery? And the second picture, looking from the top down makes no sense to my eyes at all.