Keep Calm: Broadcasting will resume presently

keepcalm.jpg

seal-of-the-nation-1.jpg

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Keep Calm: Broadcasting will resume presently

Seriously, folks. If you don’t like the whole Infomercia thing, then go get your gadget news somewhere else today (and Friday) and quitchyerbitchin’.

2. boxlightbox says:

want poster.

3. TedJohnson says:

Seriously, folks (@8,9): Do you really think the Boing Boing editors don’t want written feedback on whether their readers appreciate this gimmick?

A slump in their pageviews and visits won’t tell them this: It was cute the first time. Now it’s tiresome.

4. TedJohnson says:

[#14] Come now. “I fantasize that this resulted in low traffic and advertiser flight” is surely not the most robust argument you could have come up with. :)

Actually, my fantasies are more interesting than that. But if I were to permanently switch to Gizmodo, as one commenter (#8) recommended, wouldn’t you want to know why? That, however, would be an empty threat. Gizmodo is too gadgety for me. BB Gadgets is just about right–except for when you indulge the Infomercia shtick (which, by the way, would make for a great, separate, parody Web site).

This poster reminds me of Kevin Bacon’s character during the riot scene in Animal House…

6. LightChan says:

Will do

7. Latente says:

oh no, not again.

Take your time.
    No really – take as long as you want.
    A week, a month, even a decade or two.
    To be honest: if it never came back at all, I can’t see many people shedding a tear. I count myself among the dry-eyed.

9. devophill says:

permanently switch to Gizmodo

“We at the Internet appreciate that you have only one choice; we thank you for choosing us.”

Read two websites?? Preposterous.

10. kpkpkp says:

Why more of this Infomercia flavoring dumped on top of Gadget Wholesomeness?

Infomercia = BULLSHIT!

11. booticon says:

*sigh*

12. Pete says:

“Oh noes! If only there was somewhere – ANYWHERE – that I could find out information on the latest gadgets that I will not buy! Curse those meddling boingboingers!”

13. Rob Beschizza says:

The interesting thing is that a lot of the praise is directed at the work, much of the criticism is directed at us.

If nothing else, “shitcock” written from anonymity is powerful encouragement.

14. Rob Beschizza says:

#11: “A slump in their pageviews and visits won’t tell them this: It was cute the first time. Now it’s tiresome”

What do you think high traffic accompanied by hundreds of effusively positive and negative comments tells us?

15. OM says:

…Enough of this crap, kids! I say we start flooding certain BB staffers’ Twitter accounts protest tweets until they give this really tasteless joke up.

16. giantnegro says:

Am I the only one who actually likes to have my raging consumerism packaged in a unique way? Read Gizmodo if you can’t stand a little strangeness from your gadget blog.